The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2018, 03:37 PM   #901
70STOVEBOLT

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

Is that a big pile of sand/dirt on the passenger side floor of that Ford Courier?!

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks

Coming soon: EFI

2015 Silverado 1500 LS 4.3/6L80/3.23
70STOVEBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:56 PM   #902
3757chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70STOVEBOLT View Post
Is that a big pile of sand/dirt on the passenger side floor of that Ford Courier?!
haha,It looks like a reflection in side glass.
MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:14 AM   #903
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

This COE was in Luverne MN at the Hills Stainless plant. They make tractor trailers with stainless steel, hence the name.

Needs to be down by the river...

I think this was in Courtland MN, Bomps home town...

I don't take a ton of pics at car shows anymore. Just things that strike me personally or for ideas I want to steal. Like these wheels! Would be a good set for my 79 crew cab. If they come in 8 lug. Which they probably don't.

Nice truck...

I like the seats too. Was this factory? I don't think so, but maybe.

The bezel looks original but not in a color I've seen before. I like it.

This one was just pure badass.

This pic was one of those that struck me personally from a time I can barely remember. My dad had a blue 69 Mach 1. Bought it after he got out of the air force. The car behind it is a GTX. That's what my uncle bought when he got out of the navy. Him and my dad would street race each other all the time. The cars are long gone and so are the men that owned them. To see these cars next to each other though was...

...hard to describe.

I need this. For my Christmas get up.

This is stuff I've posted before. At least some of it. The first one popped up on a barn finders web page when they found an ad for it. I guess it's somewhat rare. I think it was winter when I posted it before. I wonder if he finally sold it.

Anymore it's a big deal to find one of these that hasn't been made into a derby truck. Like old station wagons.

For that rare bird that digs these things. Some (most) of the ford nuts will claim that the mustang was king for having continuous production without the gaps like the camaro. I don't think so. It's like calling a bronco II a bronco. We all know it's not.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #904
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Ahhhhhh, 1st gen Barracudas...be still my heart!

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #905
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Old cars...

Cars that are less old...

I'm pretty sure these were all from my last trip to ND, but I can't remember the details.

Cheech?

These 2 were at a dealer in the Grand Forks area. I think they were in for service but who knows.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #906
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

A lot of iron! Most looks pretty solid

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #907
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Very nice. Like the old Goat fer sure!

Bill's Gallery
Old 09-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #908
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Very nice. Like the old Goat fer sure!
That one is local. Parked at a shop in Springfield I sometimes work at. There's a guy not too far from me that has a bunch of old GTO's. I think he had 3-4 at one show once and it's only a part of his collection.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:13 AM   #909
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I think this was in Willmar at a hardware store. Gold members vantastic shaggin wagon...

This was at a junkyard I stopped at for work.

Along the highway by Atwater.

One of most awesomist hood ornaments ever. At a swap meet. Never seen anything like it.

Home made motorcycle...

No ordinary camaro here...

This one is for you dieselwrencher...

I bought this plate. I like the odd font and it's a centennial...

One of my days working at the compressor manufacturer I noticed this returned one. This is the only blown up air compressor I've ever seen.

The cylinder bank was on the pallet too.

That's a big chicken. In Omaha...

This is by a shop in Paynesville. I've seen other cool projects there in the past so I pay attention when I'm rolling through town...

This White was by a lumber place in Morgan a while back with a for sale sign in it. A couple weeks later it was gone and I figured it was sold. Then a few weeks ago I was going through town again and saw this truck behind the same place. It wasn't sold, they hid it around back.

I've seen plenty of Lil Red Expresses but not this version. It was in St Cloud...

Saw this Pinto the other day in Watertown, SD. I think the grille is made from a couple heat vents. Pretty solid looking car but I think it's mostly bondo.

This was parked on the same block. Someones work truck, full of lawn care equipment.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:17 PM   #910
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

The Dodge pickup is cool. Until about 6-7 years ago I never saw one either, but really like them and the Lil' Red trucks. I am also one of those weird-O's who liked his Pinto's.

Bill's Gallery
Old 09-29-2018, 06:12 PM   #911
3757chevy

I used to walk past the local Ford dealer as a kid wishing I had a Pinto, and my Parents had a Ford black and gold version of the midnight express.
Attached Images

MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #912
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Anyone know what a gear head in Little Rock AR should go see? Car people are everywhere. There’s gotta be something cool around here. I have a bunch of stuff to post up but it’s been pretty busy lately. Pic for attention haha.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2018, 12:01 PM   #913
weq92f

Flip fa ya...
Attached Images

99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:50 PM   #914
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

One of these days I may get to attend.

Bill's Gallery
Old 11-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #915
weq92f

I'm sure there's a way to fake your way in... I own a company, S-Corp, that is just a shell I used over the last 25 years for my IT consulting work, but... I figure it's possible to take such an entity and use it as a tool to gain entry into SEMA. I wanna know how HG got in??

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:04 PM   #916
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
I'm sure there's a way to fake your way in... I own a company, S-Corp, that is just a shell I used over the last 25 years for my IT consulting work, but... I figure it's possible to take such an entity and use it as a tool to gain entry into SEMA. I wanna know how HG got in??

-klb
I knew a guy that knew a guy with extra passes. I’m planning to go next year and have more time to see it. I had one afternoon and it wasn’t even close to enough time to walk through it all.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #917
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

The little town I live near has a bar, as all little towns do. It's one of the few businesses still open. They have a roll in every other week and I usually forget about it or I'm busy and miss it. Here's a few pics from the last event for this summer. It's not very big but there are some pretty nice rides that roll in. We brought our new camaro.

This is basically the same car my parents had when I started driving. There's was a 75 Mercury Marquis, 2 door with a 460 in it. Enormous car and they had it for quite a while. I drove it when my truck was broken. I also used it to drive to Orlando when I was in the navy and was starting nuke power school. It ended up getting abandoned there. I didn't drive it for a few months because I bought a motorcycle when I was there. So I went out one day to see if it would start and we had to jump start it, no surprise. But it was blowing oil out of the back of the engine. LOTS of it. Shut it down and let it set. I felt bad about leaving it because it was still my parents car, but it wasn't worth what it would have cost to repair it. The only real difference between that car and this one is the color. I drove a silver one with a maroon top and interior. Liberace would have loved it.

I typically don't like this style of thunderbird. But this one looked alright.

Damn nice fastback...

This one is super nice. The owner has a body shop in Sleepy Eye. He restored this several years ago and it still looks amazing.

Back now to some road trip pics. It's been awhile and I don't remember the details on many of these. The next couple were by a shop but I can't remember what town.

I don't think that's the correct emblem.

These were along the road down by the Iowa-MN border.

"It's all there! Just need a couple patch panels and a maaco spray job and you got yourself a high dollar classic there!"

A few pics from the last car show/swap meet I was at. St Peter MN

I really loved this one. So cool.

Don't see these around much anymore. This 454SS was pretty nice...

I think I posted this COE a while back with a tarp over the cab. Here it is without the tarp.

It's adorable. Honey can we bring him home and keep him?

The boat tail rivieras are so cool. Why weren't these more popular back in the day? They were built long before I was a driver but man I would have loved to cruise one of these. In fact I'm positive that if my parents had one of these when I started driving I would still have it and never would have become the chevy truck junky I became. If I came across a good deal on one now I would probably buy it honestly. I don't need anymore projects or vehicles of any kind really but DAMN!

Old 11-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #918
Ol Blue K20

Some pretty cool cars. I like those old Marquis and Rivieras. Someone put a lot of work in that Pinto.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 11-22-2018, 10:32 PM   #919
Dads79GMC

Here's a few. Mike
Attached Images

Dads 79 GMC Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=642929

1978 Silverado Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=756016
Dads79GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:16 AM   #920
burnin oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post

Nice truck...

I like the seats too. Was this factory? I don't think so, but maybe.

The bezel looks original but not in a color I've seen before. I like it.

I know that you asked this awhile ago. Yes these are factory seats and console out of 78 back blazer. 79 went to a high back bucket seat. The passanger seat should flip forward to access the back seat so they either switched the mounting frame or it has the hinges under it. To clear up a little more misinformation I saw earlier from another poster. 73 to early 76 had the full removable top. 76-78 had the partial removable top. 79+ changed the floor pan and went to the high back buckets. Then from there they followed the pick up line for body changes.

The gauge bezel is factory. I had the same one in a 76 blazer. That truck also had factory cruise control, sliding side windows, full trim in the rear and a tilt column. I think that you can still buy the cover through LMC and probably a few other vendors.
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:04 AM   #921
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads79GMC View Post
Here's a few. Mike
Thanks for sharing. Lots of stuff along the roads in Iowa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin oil View Post
I know that you asked this awhile ago. Yes these are factory seats and console out of 78 back blazer. 79 went to a high back bucket seat. The passanger seat should flip forward to access the back seat so they either switched the mounting frame or it has the hinges under it. To clear up a little more misinformation I saw earlier from another poster. 73 to early 76 had the full removable top. 76-78 had the partial removable top. 79+ changed the floor pan and went to the high back buckets. Then from there they followed the pick up line for body changes.

The gauge bezel is factory. I had the same one in a 76 blazer. That truck also had factory cruise control, sliding side windows, full trim in the rear and a tilt column. I think that you can still buy the cover through LMC and probably a few other vendors.
That truck was real nice. I have a 2 tone brown and cream 79 crew cab. I wish it was half a nice as this one.

It's been awhile. Time for more pics from the road. This next group is a bunch of Henry J's that are at a business in Willmar, MN.

These are from that VW place I always stop at. He's usually got something new around...

I was in Garrison ND for work...

Same trip a day later I was in Bismarck. I talked to the owner of these. He was selling to make some room.

This Dakota convertible was across the street...

More derelicts, I can't remember where...

This was in Olivia, MN. I can't remember the price on it but I think it was around 5k and it looked rough. I've seen more and more of these coming up for sale and much better condition for the price.

Not something you see very day. Getting a wind turbine erected. This was by Granite Falls, MN. My next stop after this pic was to the company that was building this wind farm.

Security is a little looser than you would expect at the jail in Alexandria, MN.

Parting shot for the day. My 71 getting used as a work bench. We had an early snow. This was before Halloween. I was building a new chicken coop in that shed. My wifes birds are treated more like house cats. They were in an old building here that was the original house on the site. A 2 room building with an attic. The last family to live in that are the ones that moved the current house to the site from the town about 3/4 mile away. It was deteriorating badly and the electricity to keep one room above freezing was way too much. Now they have deluxe accommodations.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:03 PM   #922
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

A few pics from the past week. I’m going to be posting some pictures from my trip to SEMA coming up but after that I probably won’t add much to this thread. I started using instagram and it’s so much easier to use because I don’t have to use another hosting site. You can follow me there @hgs_notes I think. I’m still getting used to using that app.

The cities gas station is in New Rockford ND and I may have posted it before. This thread is going on 6 years old and hundreds of pictures. Forgive me if I forgot a few. Lol

The sun dogs are from super low temperatures and wind picking up loose snow and blowing it up into the air. The crystals act like water in the air and prism like a rainbow. This was mid day so a little unusual. Normally see this effect in the morning when it’s cold and the sun is lower on the horizon. You can see the entire lower half circle with the sun higher in the sky.

I think the Z28 was in Breckinridge MN.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2019, 05:00 PM   #923
Ol Blue K20

I don't use a hosting site I just go straight from the phone to the website

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 01-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #924
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I don't use a hosting site I just go straight from the phone to the website
That’s ok for a few pics at a time but you’ve seen how long some of these posts get.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:32 PM   #925
72c20customcamper

Lots of nice pictures the Gremlin is an interesting piece while AMC did offer a 304 V8 . They didnt offer the 401 . This car looks to have the 6.6 liter rear decal. But it's missing the 401 XR markings that would have come on it from Randell AMC. He with AMC's blessing took around 20 cars and put the 401's in them . Motors dimensions are identical so it wasn't all that hard.
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 01-28-2019 at 05:39 PM.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote