The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2022, 09:43 AM   #26
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Re: My old 69 C-10 Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I don't know how I missed this. Beautiful truck.
You're not the only one..... somehow I missed it too. Yes it is a stunner!

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 11:58 PM   #27
sawmilldmax

I thank you, and I have really enjoyed driving it. I tried to make a few passes at the dragstrip, but i sheared off a lower balljoint and broke a tubular a frame. It was too light duty and have since had the front end redone. The slicks I ran revealed some defueling, tuning issues that were hard to feel with the 315 street tires that just blew off with any throttle at all. My Dad will be 96 in a few days and we took a few pics with with four generations posing with his old truck. Great memories usually start with simple things. I've got some more tuning coming, and we're going to data log a few passes to get it right. It's a lot of fun when somebody asks me what kind of big block is in it at a cruise in, or asks if I know that I'm putting diesel in my truck, which the fill is behind the left rear clearance side light.
sawmilldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:51 AM   #28
Dan Castilleja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawmilldmax View Post
Here is a few pics of my 69 my Dad bought new. A few mods including an LGH Duramax out of a 2011 ambulance with LBZ injectors and controls with a billet Diesel Addiction six speed Allison with Suncoast parts and10.5 AAM rear with 3.23 gears and locker with 5/8 wheel studs. 200 over S&S injectors, S&S 12mm pump, Stainless Diesel five blade 475 turbo, ARP head studs, Profab manifolds and up pipes, some Wagler head work and alter fire cam, and lots of powdercoating. Budnik 8.5-20 and 12-20's, bed floor raised 4"and boxes widened, stake pockets filled, hidden 2" receiver, Wilwood disc on each corner with double adjustable coilovers, Vintage Air, bolt in rollcage with grade 8 stainless fasteners, leather bench with houndstooth inserts, and 3.5" dual stainless exhaust. Sorry for the long post. My Dad got to ride in it a while back, he's 94 now, but wouldn't drive it. He gave $2820.00 for it new. Thanks.
What or where did he get motor mounts?
Dan Castilleja is offline   Reply With Quote