The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
70c10stepside

Manual Brakes

So, I have power brakes. And being my master cylinder went I thought about going to manual while apart. The cam I run and dealing with vacuum issues all the time, uggggh, and I don't mind a little harder pedal. Is that all it is, harder pedal? Still stop the same? Or close? Right now it stops on a dime. When master cylinder works right of course. Its a 70 c10, all drums. How do I convert, just remove the booster? Need anything? All details, hit me.. Its not a typical 'dd', also want manual steering one day. But thats later. All details, please. Also wont mind it for cleaning up the engine bay some. Win Win, or is it?
70c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
GMC3

Re: Manual Brakes

hit a you-pull-it and get some front discs, power steering and brakes. (multiple years will work). cheap and well worth it.(if you can do the work yourself) i drive my 70 sparingly and am glad i converted every time i drive it. btw if you do that you'll have to get your rear axles re drilled to 5 lug and the hub ground down if you want your wheels to match
GMC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
70c10stepside

Its a drag truck, I don't need that stuff though lol Wanting to go manual with it all.
70c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
GMC3

i guess i can't help. Ha. i went from manual to power with my project. but its not a dragster.
GMC3 is offline   Reply With Quote