The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-10-2016, 01:16 AM   #26
midnight rambler

Re: WOLFMANmike's 65 C10 Build

Nice build.. Dig the moon eyes steering wheel. Got the solid black one on mine with the bullet horn button.
midnight rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:26 AM   #27
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
Nice build.. Dig the moon eyes steering wheel. Got the solid black one on mine with the bullet horn button.
Ooooo that sounds cool looking . I have not seen that one yet . Shoot me a pic of it sometime please
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:40 AM   #28
midnight rambler

heres mine
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #29
WOLFMANmike

Oh sweet I like it that's cool looking right there
Old 03-16-2016, 10:59 PM   #30
WOLFMANmike

So today I worked on some grounds. .... and also put on my new valve covers and air cleaner my fiance got me for Christmas. ..... here is the before shot
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2016, 11:01 PM   #31
WOLFMANmike

Smile Re: WOLFMANmike's 65 C10 Build

After
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2016, 11:33 PM   #32
siggyfreud

Love that style air cleaner and valve covers. My buddy has a similar finned setup on his vette and we ended up running gloss red paint in the recessed areas of the valve cover.

Keep the progress moving. The funding and tools mean zip without the motivation, which you clearly have.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:39 PM   #33
midnight rambler

The finned air cleaner and valve covers look sweet. Your truck is coming along.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:19 AM   #34
WOLFMANmike

Thank you guys .... I'm working on it for sure lol and car show season is next month
Old 03-17-2016, 12:05 PM   #35
midnight rambler

Time to hang out with the c10 club
Old 03-17-2016, 04:35 PM   #36
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Time to hang out with the c10 club
whens the next meet ?
and where
Old 03-17-2016, 04:37 PM   #37
midnight rambler

Delmar goodguys coming up also so cal suspension in El cajon
is have a party april 1st

Last edited by midnight rambler; 03-17-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:51 PM   #38
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Delmar goodguys coming up also so cal suspension in Escondido is have a party april 1st
April first i can make that one what time ? and does it cost a entry fee ? are they gonna be holding it before cruising grand ? cause our car club is meeting at grand every friday
Old 03-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #39
midnight rambler

Mike sorry I put Escondido as the location... its in el cajon and its free starts at 5pm till midnight..
Old 03-17-2016, 10:27 PM   #40
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Mike sorry I put Escondido as the location... its in el cajon and its free starts at 5pm till midnight..
yeah i wont be able to make that one either ... all the c10 club should come to cruising grand .... let me know when you guys are doing a Saturday thing thats free and fairly close to me and ill come out for sure i wolud love to meet all of you .. and im sorry im not trying to be difficult .... its just that im on disability and only get paid 1 time a month so long trips are very hard to make right now
Old 03-17-2016, 11:57 PM   #41
midnight rambler

I understand one of these days you can hook up with us, keep working on your truck it's looking *****en.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:58 PM   #42
WOLFMANmike

sorry ive been gone for so long sure hope i haven't lost ya guys lol . so much has gone on here with my truck and very little money so its been ruff to say the least . ok so the truck started to make this kind of winding sound and it was coming up through the trans tunnel so me in all my wisdom i thought it was a transmission issue . it would get really loud with higher RPMs on the freeway so thak god my buddy Mike sold me a new rebuilt TH350 Trans and also a new Lokar floor shifter. for $350 and i got to brake up the payments as well so her are some pics of the trans work .... the trans on the ground is the old one . oh and this job was a PITA ! number 1 all i have is ramps no stands . so on a lowered truck it did not go that high to get the trans in and out .. also the biggest piss off was the PO did a trans swap to a TH350 but instead of bolting in the cross member in the factory holes because it took some adjusting to get the bolts into the holes . the Idiot just Welded it to the frame ! SOB ! so you can imagine how much harder that was . truck not high enough and also a welded trans mount
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #43
WOLFMANmike

so now during this job because i dont have the proper tools and jack stands and such in the process of pulling out the trans we cracked my header but we got it out finely and the new one in its place ... no trans jack just my floor jack. Guess what its no easy task to lift underneath the truck a trans and get it to stay on the small pedestal of the jack and there was not enough room for wood to make it more stable but we finely got it and then bolted up and installed the Lokar Shifter . the PO put in a broken B&M ratchet shifter ... and guys the damn thing was not even bolted to the floor . nope just pushed the mount bolts through the holes no nuts and called it good Guys this is my daily driver so you can just imagine how much of a relief it was to have a new properly working shifter in it . oh yeah and the old one was set up so poorly that it could not get all gears either park N R D not 2nd and no 1st lol .. here are pics of the new trans and shifter and you will notice the trans mount is in place in the holes that were there already took some pushing and a few hits with a BFH but its in and bolted lol LAZY PO
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2016, 09:26 PM   #44
WOLFMANmike

ok so this should be a great happy day right ? all new trans and converter and floor shifter annoying winding noise gone right ? ... NOPE ! get her out on the open road and its still there WTH ? turn around go back home my buddy comes over and brings his jack stands and sets it on the stands and has me go through the gears on the stands ... Found IT ! not good at all rear end Shot ! and when you let off the gas you heard this loud clunking turned off the truck grabbed the pinion and you could move it up and down and side to side turns out the noise i was hearing i thought was a trans was really a rear end and the noise was running up through the drive shaft and into the trans tunnel .. so the trans did not need to be changed ok now the heart attack comes calling around to find out how much to get the rear end rebuilt . $ 1200 i about passed out all i can manage to get and save up is $ 600 im in big trouble now . remember its my Daily and my Wife is Handicapped in a Wheelchair so if she need to go the the DR i have to have this truck . yeah im in a panic so the truck goes down for 2 weeks . while i call around to find a used working rear end . no easy task either one guy in a few cities over might have one but wont know till hes back off Vacation in a month so i dont have a choice i have to wait and see . 2weeks go by and im poking around on Craigslist looking and like a gift from GOD an AD For a 6 Lug rebuilt rear end from a 65 c10 . all new bearings seals and Ring n Pinion for my core and are you sitting down ? lol $ 575.00 MINE ! SOLD ! called him up he still got it ill pic it up tomorrow ... NOW More POS Syndrome coming POS =s Previous Owner Syndrome . so we climb up under the truck to start unbolting everything to put in the new one and Boom ! it happens the truck is a 65 but the jack hole PO put in a 60-62 Rear end . some might wonder why is that a problem well the Track bar on a 60-62 rear end is in a different spot on the housing and on the truck frame . so looking up under you can see that he forced this rear end in place and even bowed the track bar and bent the mounts on the frame to make this work see the pics
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2016, 09:40 PM   #45
WOLFMANmike

see so now that track bar is to long to use on the new 65 rear end because on the 65 the track bar mounts to a ear just off the side of the pumpkin . so the truck is down still it was gonna be a happy day .. well my buddy Mike saves the day again for me he ordered me a new adjustable Track bar from Early Classics for my truck ECE and i can pay him back the next month sweet ! brother thanks . well it was there at his house the very next day . so i got it that weekend and me and my friend Ed the guy with jackstands put in the new rear end and track bar see pics
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2016, 10:18 PM   #46
WOLFMANmike

so we get it all in and buttoned up ... fill with fluid and check for the noise you know that winding noise ... nope its gone ! Wooohooo yes ! its done . set it back down on the ground and take her out for a test drive . i am one happy man right now get the RPMs up again and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its back how can that be ? we just tested it up in the air . and the rear end was shot so how can this be ? yall i love my truck Betty Lou but at this point im ready to SHOOT IT ! the noise dose sound a bit different now but still there . my buddy takes my truck for a spin comes back with it and said let get the front up in the air and have a look . Found it ! front end shot wheel barrings are bad upper and lower ball joints bad inner and outer tie rods bad adjuster sleeves ... idler arm shot and Pitman Arm Shot ... how dose this make that bad winding noise you may ask ? believe me i asked too i was baffled well its was are you ready ? laughing time TIRES ! yup tires the shocks are bad and with the shot front end and bad shocks the Tires got Cupped and the Cupped tires make this stupid winding sound on the road . are you laughing yet ? i know i was pissed and laughing at the same time that has got to be the most expensive set of tires ever in the world guys lol lets repcap here a bit .. ok trans and shifter $ 350 rear end 575.00 track bar kit $160.00 and another $ 200 for the front end parts and Tools to do it .. ok yes the rear end was shot so it did need done but still this all started for a damn winding sound ! lol well its been hot as hell here the past week or so and very Humid i live on the coast so i was so far only able to get the passenger side ball joints done and the inner and outer tie rods and idler arm and pitman arm done . so the pics are not of everything yet ... i still need to do the driver side and then buy 2 new tires and get a good alignment done ... but in the end Old Betty Lou Got some much needed love ... also i am including a pic of me and my sexy lil pin up wife we are old souls by heart as you can see we live life in the 50s and 60s lol but i thought you guys might like to have a face to go with my ranting lol ... yes i know i married way out of my league lol but im lucky she loves my fat ugly ass lol
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2016, 11:46 PM   #47
midnight rambler

Glad to see you got it sorted out.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:37 AM   #48
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Glad to see you got it sorted out.
thanks brother i did .. mostly lol its not fully done yet been so damn hot
Old 07-29-2016, 01:09 AM   #49
midnight rambler

Can't fix the weather, after those problems good lu k is on its way.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:03 AM   #50
WOLFMANmike

Quote:
Can't fix the weather, after those problems good lu k is on its way.
How's your c10 been lately brother ? It's been so long since I've been on here