The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
monstergarage87

Should I buy it? 72 c10 swb

So yesterday i went to go look at a 72 c10 shortbed. I know.. i dont need anymore **** but this truck has alot of good points. The guy who has it, replaced the all the sheetmetal forward of the firewall. New cab corners, inner/outer rockers, door bottoms. Has a strong running 350 and a freshly rebuilt 700r4. Interior is nice, no rips or tears, no unusual ware. Has a 2-4 drop but he's including the original springs and a few boxes of extra parts. The bad is the bed. The bed sides are completely shot, floor is kind of good but couldnt see because of the snow. And theyre are a few dents in the front passenger fender from his aunt backing into the truck. Hes asking $2500 for it. I could use the truck and thats the only reason why im considering it. Use it for swap meets, runs to the wrecking yard, trips to the steel supplier and parts store instead of beating the hell out of my tacoma. Im redoing the barn so trips to the lumber yard will be on that list too. I know theyres better ways to spend $2500 but would this be a good idea since ill probably sell the truck at the end of the summer when im done with it and may have a hard time selling with this crappy economy?

John
monstergarage87 is offline   Reply With Quote