The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
chad64chevy

need some help

ok I'm wanting to do a hidden radio, ipod like this: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=11082 ! I'm wanting to run 2- 6.5, 2- 12's and some tweeters! so my question is how would I go about doing all this?? I seen that dino63 did it in his 66 sub! but I'm new to this and need some help and or pics would help! thanks
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:57 AM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
ok I'm wanting to do a hidden radio, ipod like this: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=11082 ! I'm wanting to run 2- 6.5, 2- 12's and some tweeters! so my question is how would I go about doing all this?? I seen that dino63 did it in his 66 sub! but I'm new to this and need some help and or pics would help! thanks
My radio isn't hidden, but my setup could easily be adapted for what your looking to do (at least in part). I have bucket seats, so we built a custom center console to house the majority of my audio gear. Its got two 6.5" components with their tweeters in the same housing (seperated by their cups). The base of it holds the amp, and the crossovers are on the reverse side. We have a tray for junk, but you could easily you a similar setup to hold a head unit, car-pc, or just an audio device hooked up to a wireless volume control and sound processor.

I have pics of the process in my build, link is in sig.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Big Kev-O

The method show by the jalapoyjournal link is clean but you will have to use the ipod to change songs while driving and mount the volume control knob some place. If that is cool with you get a PAC IS75 ipod kit, PAC LC-1 volume controller, amp wiring kit and a amplifier.

What vehicle are you putting this setup in? Fitting two 12"s in a standard cab wont be easy and you speaker box needs be of a certian size in order for you subs to perform properly. 2 x 12"s stuffed into a box that is too small for them will easily be out performed by 2 x10"s in the proper box. Some brand subs require larger boxes than others too. Before I can suggect the proper amp for your application I need more details about your plans.
Big Kev-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
chad64chevy

This is all going in my 64 c-10, I got the PAC IS75, the PAC LC-1, 120g ipod classic, and a 1800 watt kenwood amp! I'm plan on getting 2- 12" kenwood shallow mount subs mounted behind the seat, 6.5 and tweeters in custom kick panels! 2- 3.5 or 4.5 speakers to go in the center factory dash spot, all components will be kenwood! I'm trying to figure out how I would run the PAC IS75 with maybe more then one amp to run the smaller stuff! or if I need a different amp to bridge the two! or just get a rca jack Y cable to run more then one amp

I have a radio delete plate I'm going to run so it don't look like I have a system!! thanks for your help
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote