The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2005, 02:50 AM   #26
HeavyD

Re: Just bought my first 'burb!!

I must suggest to stay away from doing the roof patch. It will be a big PITA, and the better bodied one for $800 will put you much father ahead. If you were in the rust belt like I am, then it might be a different story, but living where you are there has to be better ones to start with. If the white one runs decent you have a great parts rig to power the brown one. If you can't get some $$ back through Ebay, maybe selling a few parts off the white one will make it work out OK.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:54 PM   #27
lorin408

I will be most likely picking the brown one up on saturday afternoon. After i do a complete inspection of course. but i will let ya guys know probably tomorrow night . What year did disc front ends come into play? he said it was disc, i was assuming it was a swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne10
Sorry to hear news on white ebay rig. I would hate to do it but cutting losses might be best in long run. On other hand you better get serious about the 69 brown one. Hubs look like they might be disc K20 frontend. That baby could be diamond in the dust!! Might make the white one going away easier. Look at that rear lift and drop gate, rear bumper and hitch. All good parts. Buy it and save it before it goes to parts donor like many in that state. Starting with best body you can should save you lots of hrs and dollars over time.

Keep us posted on your new lust with burbs (I can relate)

Last edited by lorin408; 11-11-2005 at 04:55 PM.
lorin408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:01 PM   #28
53burb

They came from the factory in '71, but any year thru '87 can be swapped in easily.
53burb is offline   Reply With Quote