The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #1
mmanzanares18

Restore/Repaint 1971 Lower Side Molding

Hi everyone! First post so I don't really know what I am doing; really hope to get some good replies because I can not find anything searching on google. I am looking to repaint black on my lower trim/molding for my 1971 longbed c10 pickup. The trim is in really good condition, straight with minor chips on chrome lining. I plan to clean the chrome looking part and then tape it off really well. Then use black spray paint and then a clear coat to seal in the black and make it shine. This is way better than purchasing a new kit ($350-$500) and I sill have all the mounting hardware. I guess I am just asking if anyone has every done this, and if you could point me in the right direction for black spray paint and the clear. Of course I will first try on a extra piece before doing anything.

Thank you! I just turned 17 and purchased the truck this past october and hope to have it ready by the time school starts. I have been working with a friend to mechanically restore it and get a daily driver exterior job. No more than $6000 has been spent and I plan to purchase about $700 of random parts including a new rear bumper.
mmanzanares18 is offline   Reply With Quote