The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-14-2004, 09:15 AM   #1
Putter
More Cowbell....

Bowtie468

Just a quick note about Bowtie468 (Chris). I found a 250 inline with 3-speed on the parts board that Bowtie468 had for sale and sent him a message. He got with me on the details, we arranged for me to see and HEAR the engine run. I drove down to south Louisiana and met Chris in person. He showed me the engine, fired it up and let me have as much time as needed to check it out. Then when I told him I would take it, he removed the engine and tranny right there on the spot. Zero monkey-business possible. I was able to load it in the truck the same morning. Great transaction all the way around. Nice guy. Even met his wife. Had lunch with them and argued with his wife about who gets to pay the bill. Chris found out later that I had snuck my lunch money back into the motor money. He didn't find it until AFTER I was gone. Had a fun day and enjoyed getting to meet them both. Thanks again Chris.

Eric
"Putter"
Old 06-14-2004, 12:01 PM   #2
COBALT

Sweet. I love hearing things like this. It makes having this board worth while...
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 01:29 PM   #3
Putter
More Cowbell....

I agree. Word of mouth (or keyboard in this case) goes a long way. I value other folk's orinions highly.