The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2003, 05:46 PM   #1
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

My own stupidity

Linus0014 (real name Ben Sayers in Palm Desert, CA) was inquiring about a part for a heater box for a non-AC truck. The person he posted to (Teeitup, I think) indicated he did not have the part. I e-mailed Linus0014 and indicated I had the part and would give it to him if he paid the shipping. I sent him the entire heater box both inside and outside the cab. He indicated he would put a money order in the mail to me the next business day for the shipping. I hunted down a box, packed it up and had my wife drive it to the UPS terminal so I could get the best shipping rate. I tracked the shipment to his door on the UPS website. I e-mailed him the day after he got it and he replied he was quite happy and that now he only needed the heater core hold-down brackets. I e-mailed back that I had those too and dropped them in the mail to him.

I will blame myself for being trusting of this jerk who now does not have the honesty or integrity to return my repeated e-mails about the shipping cost which I have yet to see that was supposedly put in the mail. It's not the money that matters, it's the damn principle that bugs the crap out of me. This is the first time I have ever been burned on the many, many items I have bought over the years from E-bay, this board and other car and truck boards. Maybe, I have just been lucky up to this point and Ben Sayers aka Linus0014 (should be Liar0014) got to punch my card first.

Thanks for letting me rant........
Old 11-28-2003, 05:26 AM   #2
78SilveradoSWB

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about a fellow board member taking advantage of another board member. Sometimes though, its just a matter of miscommunication or he may be out of town, but if his intentions are fraudulent, then shame on him! I hope you learned a lesson as to never send anything out until some form of payment is made for the item or if free, paid the shipping up front. For their protection they should use a postal money order or Paypal, so to at least have some documentation of the transaction. I hope it was just a mixup or something. Hate to see these things happen.

1978 Chevrolet Silverado C 10
454 BB, TH400
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 12:30 AM   #3
TexLonghorn

that sucks
Old 11-29-2003, 11:09 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

the same person youre talking about said he would buy a radio /speakers from me and never paid for it luckilly he also never sent the address to mail it to him but just the fact i removed it from for sale and never even got a "no thank you, ive changed my mind" after he asked for pics and i sent them kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I didnt make a big deal out of it at the time and still wont but i hope anyone who deals with him in the future will take note of these incidents

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:05 AM   #5
oldyeller
Captain CAAAVVVMMMAAANNN!

Yep, he did the same thing to me several months ago, said he wanted an amp I had for sale. I gave him a total and he said he sent the payment, about 10 days went by, it still didn't arrive. I sent him a message, and he said he would send out another payment. At this point I was sorta leary. Waited about 10 days sent him another msg. this time no response. I have yet to hear from him about it. I figured if he really sent the $$ he would be yellin, screamin, and trying to contact me by now. I Guess the $$ never got in the mail??? I'd suggest the use of caution when dealing with this guy...
check out the project old yeller
oldyeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 01:18 AM   #6
ShamrockCustoms
Project56 on hold

loook up a bailbondsman in his area of CA. pay the guy to whoop his ass thoroughly. oh , include the use of stun gun too.
and ask for photo proof. might prove satisfying.....

ShamrockCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 12:36 AM   #7
78SilveradoSWB

Question

Has anybody reported Linus0014 to Josh? Seems like he has burned a few members.

1978 Chevrolet Silverado C 10
454 BB, TH400
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 05:40 PM   #8
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Has anybody reported Linus0014 to Josh?

I have not reported him to Josh but whenever I see one of his posts I take the opportunity to warn other unsuspecting folks about his lack of honesty and missing integrity. From his profile and some of his posts I suspect he is just a punk student with no job and little money who is just lying his way through life. He will get his just reward one day. I did like the Bail Bondsman idea that Shamrock Customs suggested.
Old 12-25-2003, 03:06 AM   #9
slicknsmooth72
Account Suspended

yes he did the same thing to me . and just yesterday pmd me wanting oics of parts i have on board now . this guy is a loser and will be rewarded in spades one day ,this tread should be on parts board for all to see
slicknsmooth72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 03:06 PM   #10
1969 GMC

hey not all students are punks

did you try getting him on AOL instant messenger?
his sn is nautica1478 or something (just search profile)

and you are right, according to his profile he is job-less.

thanks for the heads up.
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 03:42 PM   #11
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

hey not all students are punks

I didn't mean all students are punks. After all, we were all students at one time or another. Looking at his age he would have to be in grad school or something at age 25. I have tried numerous times to contact this sorry jerk and all he does is avoid me. Its too damn bad he is so far away from me or I would introduce myself in person.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:53 PM   #12
CPNE
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally posted by slicknsmooth72
yes he did the same thing to me . and just yesterday pmd me wanting oics of parts i have on board now . this guy is a loser and will be rewarded in spades one day ,this tread should be on parts board for all to see
Ironic isn't it?

67 Chevy SWB 2WD stepside 350/3 on tree (Pat's)
67 GMC SWB 2WD Fleet 402/auto (Brian's under construction)
67 Chevy 3/4 ton 2WD 402/auto (Business Hauler)
67 Chevy 1 ton dually 2WD 396/4 speed (Former business hauler, Needs TLC)
68 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburban 2WD 250 six/3 on tree (Brian's Needs TLC)
70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD 350/4 speed (Pat's - Disguised as a 68 GMC)
71 Chevy SWB stepside (Crushed by tree - parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD (Parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD Suburban (Parts Donor)
72 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD 292 six/4 speed (Mine - Disguised as a 67 GMC)
81 GMC 4WD Dually Dump Body 350/4 speed (Business Hauler)
82 Camaro Z/28 355/Super T-10 (Pat's toy)
93 Caprice 9C1 (Brian's Cop Car)
02 Toyota Camry (Reliable but a souless steel and plastic hulk)
2011 2SS RS Camaro M6 Factory Hurst Shifter

Maybe I need to sell some of this crap

Yet another Bozo with a sawz-all
CPNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 12:49 AM   #13
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

ok... why doesn't anyone inform me of deals like this? In order to stop these people I HAVE TO KNOW. email me the details and I will ban his account.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote