The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
truckman72

A/C Issue

Well its that time of year again. I have returned back to Kansas from Denver as I wrapped up the academic year, which means I pull my truck out from my parents for the summer. For those of you not familiar with Midwest Summers, they tend to be very sticky and hot; very different than the cool mountain climate of Colorado! Air Conditioning in Kansas in the summer is very necessary! Especially if you are overweight and get sweaty easily!

After some cleaning, firing up the engine, and turning on the a/c, I did some digging around and realized that the door inside the system will flip open to the windshield vents and close off the three front dash vents, but won't flip back to the other way on its own.

Any idea want might be causing this to happen? It is a 5.3L engine with the Vintage Air system. To be honest, I'm not to knowledgeable about this system as my Father put it in a couple of years ago while I was at school.

1969 Chevy Stepside
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=392738
truckman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
Wrenchbender Ret

Re: A/C Issue

I have had a couple of Vintage -air A/c but have never had this problem. They have very good technical help system. You might call or e-mail them & they will help you.
George
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:42 PM   #3
Davidf

Re: A/C Issue

Not sure which door you are talking about. But both vacuum operated doors are suppose to have springs to help them return to neutral position (i.e no vacuum). Usually, these springs are long gone. If the pivots are in good shape and not binding, the doors may operate normally without the springs.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote