The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Bradley1234

1982 Scottsdale Need electrical diagram for Lights

hi all,

a friend has this pickup, at some point the harness of wires going to the rear got caught up in the driveline... Someone had added a trailer hitch connector 6 pin, and also the fuel tank sender wire was broken out too.

I was trying to find a simple wiring diagram here, one person had shown the shop manual page(s) of the wiring diagram but when zooming it? it was unreadable.

we bought a Chiltons book but it does not go into much detail on the wires and wiring diagram. where does the fuel take sender wire connect to? dont know. some of the wires we matched up by color, so the brakes and turn signals are now connected... couple of wires on the trailer hitch are there but if anyone could suggest or post how ALL of those wires go? it would be so appreciated.

i found a trailer hitch wiring pattern for a 6 wire, but also found on other websites that the vehicle side and trailer side listed backwards so i am not sure which to believe. i mean some sites showing the 6 wire would say this is vehicle side, pin 1 = abc 2 = def but the other site would have it reversed saying its also the vehicle side. Im going to put more credibility on the pinout here on this site but it would be cool if several people put their OK on the wiring diagram correctness

thanks in advance
Bradley1234 is offline   Reply With Quote