The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
mrhino
Account Suspended

Silver Dollar

Silver Dollar: is a Project I started last year in December, I am About 90% done with it. When I first started I wanted to do a nice restoration on a truck over the course of a couple of years, instead I set myself up by doing a full on custom restoration, for $6500 and in 6 months. Needless to say That didnt work! I have worked on it every day feverishly for the past 9 months ,Over my deadline and way over my budget. I was still plugging away until last month when I got it running for the first time. As soon as It started and ran, It seamed like a world of stress was lifted off of me. and Now for what ever reason I Dont want to spend any time on it. It seams Iv lost my motivation.

So im going to restart a build thread from where I started Back in December. and hopefully in a few weeks this thread will be caught up with the build and I will have the truck finished.

A little about the Truck: It is a Hybrid of 69-72 parts. It is a short bed, (the bed was cut from a long bed). the chassis was lowered 4/6, Porter-built rear trailing arms, 4 wheel disc brakes, a 02' 5.3l, 4l60e, Custom House Of Kolor Paint, Ultra leather interior, and a lot of little custom stuff here and there.

I did manage to take pictures along the way. so here we go!
In December I bought a junk 69 shortbed, the only thing worth keeping was the chassis. unfortunately the bondo infested bed and rusted out cab became scrape money.
Attached Images

Last edited by mrhino; 07-21-2011 at 09:50 PM.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote