The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2014, 02:15 AM   #1
mitchmills

86 costome classic 10 complete rebuild/ restoration

i bought an 86 chev regular cab long box for 800 bucks about a mounth ago. i had been looking for quite a while for a truck like this. So when i found out a buddies brother had one i didnt hesitate. i bought it and drove it home from small town carrot river to humboldt sk. (canada) about a 300 km drive. the guy had about a hundred gallon slip tank in the box and 7 inch slicks with fatties and model028 eagle alloy rims(stars)that i am selling by the way. it has minor rust and the front right fender is pretty much totaled. i am planning on fixing the rust and dints then painting it black. i also want to swap the engine for something with 800+ hp. I have a high budget. i was also thinking dana 80 diffs or rockwells because i want to put at leest 45's on it.
Today i starting taking it apart. i got the front pretty well ripped apart. except fot the left fender and wheel well. I would provide pictures but i cant get them off my phone any ways id love some feedback on the engine tranny setup aswell as diffs and lifts. If anyone wants my diffs axls or anything they are in good shape.
mitchmills is offline   Reply With Quote