The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
jsera

Need help finding a delco am/fm radio

Hey guys, Im looking to install a delco am/fm radio in my 72 for the sake of correctness and nostalgia. I plan on running the radio to line converters then to a switch where i can choose the radio or an aux input to feed an amp so that i can use the original radio for am/fm and a standalone bluetooth adapter for the aux. I dont want to use a retrosound unit because I like the real old analog radios.

I have found a bunch of radios on ebay but dont know which ones work as far as fitment. when I bought my truck it had a non functional am/fm delco but the knobs were slightly too far apart from each other to be centered in the factory holes to the PO used some washers to cover this. Since Im looking to make this look right id like the knobs to sit where they should. does anyone know what radios or years would fit?

my plan:

Delco radio (something like this):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/78-to-85-Del...3c658d&vxp=mtr

Switch to amp:

Amazon.com: Sescom SES-AUDIO-AB RCA Stereo Audio... Amazon.com: Sescom SES-AUDIO-AB RCA Stereo Audio...

bluetooth unit:

Amazon.com: Belkin Song Stream Bluetooth Music... Amazon.com: Belkin Song Stream Bluetooth Music...
jsera is offline   Reply With Quote