The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Updated Pics

Cool. I should try to get one of those Model King issues. The box art is pretty neat in it's own way. I think those Johnny Lightening Blazers are some of the nicest 1/64th die casts made of 67-72 GM trucks. I like how they even varied the wheels.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #27
ColoradoK5

yeah i like the Box art its really different, they are the only two models of the Blazer I have been able to find local. I agree those little Blazers are nice. Really like your collection I need to keep a closer eye out for it
ColoradoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
special-K
Special Order

I got one kit here and another there for the first few.Then,a guy was selling his collection and I got 4 or 5. I wanted twice that many and had it worked out to give him payments on the second half. Unfortunately right about then me and my wife took off for a week to ride through the Smokey Mts to celebrate my 50th and a day after we got back we took the family vacation with the kids. So,he didn't hear from me for two weeks,got peeved,and reneged because he felt I bugged out on the deal. I'm not built that way but oh well. Then,a couple years ago I started looking on Ebay and got some pretty good ones at 1/2 decent prices (considering what they could be). Most of the ones I don't have now I really don't care too much about. I guess I could go for "having them all" but the ones I lack are reissues of what I have and the box art is so-so. It's funny,I have all the wreckers except the Dukes of Hazzard "Cooter's" one. I'd still like to get one,but I was never a "Dukes" fan,it's a re-issue,and the box art is pretty boring. Mostly,I always thought they could have done a better job on the paint scheme to look more like repair shop wreckers as I recall them. Yeah,I know...picky picky
BTW,Looks like a real fine bagger you have there.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 02-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #29
ColoradoK5

I hear you on deals going south had a few Blazers i wanted to buy had the money just traveling for work and they fell threw. O well I like picking stuff up in person dont really buy off line much more of thrill of the hunt i guess??? Thanks i built my bike last two years kept all my extra money so just getting back to my Blazers now. It started life as a 96 Fatboy, wanted a bagger but not the price so me and my buddy built this.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Yeah,I've only recently bought things online. I started collecting stuff way before I ever touched a 'puter. I agree,the fun is in the hunt.

I've had my '90 Heritage since new. It was the last stripped down one and as you know the first Fatboy. Mine get's mistaken for a Fat Boy a lot. It's just clean,custom,and low with a true Harley vibe. I mean all the changes are pretty much early Harley pieces. But,a dresser would suit me more these days,too. It used to have three sets of ghost flames under black cherry. After I messed the back fender up and was tired of painting the whole bike every time something happened,I went with black. So now I can rig up some hard bags and fairing like you did. I always thought about it but would have had to when it got painted...and it would be a much more expensive paint job. I've gone on some long rides with just my jacket strapped to the bars. I have some big early Heritage bags I used a couple times but don't really like the look and they're a pain to install now with it so low. I also have some replica Indian bags made for Softails,but again,don't want the fringe and stud thing any more. I'd like to pick yer brain for any tips on how you went about making the bags work,if you don't mind. They're Harley FL bags,right?

Tim

Old 02-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #31
ColoradoK5

SUMAX has a set of brackets for softails that allows you too use the hardbags and the leather hardbags. It is expensive kit and hard bags in my area where hard to find. But in the end it was way worth it.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #32
special-K
Special Order

Thanks,I'll check them out. I think I can get some early hard bags,like late-60s,for a reasonable price from a friend. I never looked into it but figure it shouldn't be too hard since the shocks aren't there to worry about. Everything they make aftermarket,hard and leather,always seams so undersized from what they could be.

Tim

Old 02-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #33
ColoradoK5

Yeah I got the new ABS plastics bags off a 07 street glide I liked the Abs over fiberglass because they seem a lot sturdier and a lot lighter. Keep me updated if do it or need any more info
Posted via Mobile Device