The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #26
Maxxd07

Re: Building an RC Big Rig

Wow, these are pretty cool. I'm in for the finished product.
Couple 70s
One 68
Maxxd07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #27
jeffro2

Thank you Guys, for the comments !

I've been dead in the water for awhile, but I have started back on it.

I have named her Deja Blue, for the color I used.

Had to redo the grill

I still have lots to do.

jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #28
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

It looks great thus far....keep going

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #29
Z16

Very cool. Those wheel are very cool. I'm in the process of rebuilding a Knight Hauler (Freightliner version of the Tamiya truck) for my nephew. He bought it finished and the paint was awful. Doing a better PJ and a few more tricks. We want to do a 6 channel radio to control all the lights instead of the Tamiya sound and light kit. Have you checked out rctruckandconstruction.com? There are some unbelievable builds on there.
98 GMC Sierra Ex Cab, cowl hood, Euro LED lights, 30 bar billet, Whipple Supercharged 350 Vortec: Forged flattops, E-Tec aluminum heads, Comp Cam, Scat crank and rods, Granatelli Mass air flow, Headers, Flowmaster exhaust , Complete MSD Ignition, Custom Tuning, intake spacer , ported throttle body, AC Delco port injection upgrade, Roller Rockers, Power Pulleys. Gear Vendors Overdrive. Soon to hit a dyno. 2/4 drop(for now).

95 Chevy S-10 Ex Cab 4.3 5 Speed 2/3 drop, Euro lights, billet grill, More to come. The Daily Driver
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #30
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z16 View Post
Very cool. Those wheel are very cool. I'm in the process of rebuilding a Knight Hauler (Freightliner version of the Tamiya truck) for my nephew. He bought it finished and the paint was awful. Doing a better PJ and a few more tricks. We want to do a 6 channel radio to control all the lights instead of the Tamiya sound and light kit. Have you checked out rctruckandconstruction.com? There are some unbelievable builds on there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
It looks great thus far....keep going
Thank you guys, and yes, I'm a little behind here, ok, way behind..

@ Z16, That's great, have you finished yet ? Yes I did check out that website, I recognize a lot of the names from my other scale forum.

I kinda got sidetracked with an old 1\8 Harley model from 1969, that I just had to build. Found it on ebay. It was exactly the same one I tried to build in 1970 or 71.

I did finish mine, for now, anyway. Its time to move onto something else.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #31
Z16

Wow, that Harley looks great! I always wanted to do that kit when I was a kid, but could never afford it, lol. Truck looks great, too. Pete conversion is awesome!

No, haven't done much on the Freightliner lately. Full size stuff has taken priority. Between his 67 Shortbox and my 98, we haven't concerned ourselves so much with RCs
98 GMC Sierra Ex Cab, cowl hood, Euro LED lights, 30 bar billet, Whipple Supercharged 350 Vortec: Forged flattops, E-Tec aluminum heads, Comp Cam, Scat crank and rods, Granatelli Mass air flow, Headers, Flowmaster exhaust , Complete MSD Ignition, Custom Tuning, intake spacer , ported throttle body, AC Delco port injection upgrade, Roller Rockers, Power Pulleys. Gear Vendors Overdrive. Soon to hit a dyno. 2/4 drop(for now).

95 Chevy S-10 Ex Cab 4.3 5 Speed 2/3 drop, Euro lights, billet grill, More to come. The Daily Driver
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #32
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z16 View Post
Wow, that Harley looks great! I always wanted to do that kit when I was a kid, but could never afford it, lol. Truck looks great, too. Pete conversion is awesome!

No, haven't done much on the Freightliner lately. Full size stuff has taken priority. Between his 67 Shortbox and my 98, we haven't concerned ourselves so much with RCs

Thank you ! It sure looks better then the 1st time I tried. and Thank you on The Peterbilt. It turned out better then I thought it would, and it was also harder then I thought it would be.

I'm kinda in a model building mode, but it almost needs to be 1\8 scale or bigger, and I'm really having fun looking for the 1\8 th scale bikes, and building them. I'm watching a few old 3 wheelers from the late 60's early 70's. They are expensive though.

Every time I start saving money to start looking for a 72 chevy (a real one. ), I spend it on RC's or models.....

Here is another I did a long time ago and found it on ebay. Actually two of them.

Do you think anyone would mind a build thread on the chopper ??

Old 07-08-2014, 12:50 AM   #33
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Both look great but I would like to see a video of the rig. I also wouldn't mind a build on the chopper. .hint hint

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:41 AM   #34
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Both look great but I would like to see a video of the rig. I also wouldn't mind a build on the chopper. .hint hint
Thank you Dale !

I will get a video made one of these days, you know I will. I will start a thread on the chopper, Thank you !!