The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
blfuller123

72 Dropmember Suburban-Alice

My dad picked up this burb to rob the big block out of it. I went over to check it out and the truck has almost no rust at all. I have always wanted to build a suburban so after a little barter with my dad, I now have another project. I showed my wife and she wants me to work on this before I finish my 67 SWB truck, so who am I to argue.

I dont know that I am going to get too crazy with body or engine mods, but I am definately going to have a proterbuilt front and rear drop member kits/ a arms and drop spindles. The truck is 6 lug with disc/drum brakes and I dont plan on changing it. Everything on this truck is original, the engine still had the smog pump on it. I think the interior is going to get new paint and the seats recovered. I am thinking 20 inch rims all the way around. I also want to add front and rear air to it. Anyway, here are pictures of day one.

The third door needs a little work and there is a little bit of a dent in the drivers rear quarter, but other than that it looks really straight and solid.

Last edited by blfuller123; 12-13-2012 at 08:37 AM.
blfuller123 is offline   Reply With Quote