The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2019, 02:05 AM   #1
2bo.c10

Horn Wiring - WTH?

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of rewiring my '58 with a new wiring harness. All is going well, but I cant figure out how to wire the horn... I got a new contact plate and contact bushing. I have the original bushing (luckily because the new one doesnt fit in the steering wheel?) I have a dedicated wire from the new harness, but dont see how its supposed to connect to the contact bushing. Is that even where it connects? The pic of the wiring diagram seems to imply so.

I get the idea that when you push the horn, it connects the contact plate with the contact bushing, initiating the horn, but again - I dont see how it gets power and then translates to the horn itself via the wire. Help! I've seen other contact bushings that have a wire and blade terminal on the end of it. That is what I was imagining I would need. Attached are photos of what I purchased (contact bushing, contact plate).

I also bought a new turn signal switch that has 6 wires attached to it, but I dont believe one of those wires is for the horn. (turn signal switch picture also attached)

Thanks!
Attached Images

2bo.c10 is offline   Reply With Quote