The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2002, 08:49 PM   #1
HYPERMAN

Am I crazy? 68 step for sale.........

OK...call me crazy! I want to sell my 68 Chevy Stepside that I just finished doing a full resto on.

I had so much fun doing it...I find it relaxing to work on them... that I want to do another one. This time I want to do a 4X4. A short fleetside, in fact.

So here is the skinny on this one. It was. a California truck. I completely disassembled the whole thing including the frame. The frame was blasted and painted, conerted to 5 lug discs. 3.73 open rear diff. 2/3 Beltech lowering spring. Energy suspension poly everywhere except the rad support, which I used new repro rubber kit.

305 ci engine with performance cam, 600 Edelbrock, excellent curlback Ramhorns flowing into Vortex mufflers to 3.5" ss tubes.

700r4 tranny, tlit tach new lens & bezel.

All new chrome and trim, rubbers and fuzzies, etc. New dash pad , armrests and door panels. Bucket seats from 99 Silverado w/cwnter seat. Alpine cd and kick panel speakers w/ 100w Clarion sub box under seat.

Blazer poly tank under polished aluminum checker plate floor.

All new brakes, shocks battery etc.

Ralley wheels w/ new centers and like new rings. 235/70/15 on front 275/60/15 on rear ...radial t/a's.

Original florr and supports, rockers were replaces. Original steel rear fenders and excellent steps.

Each body part was painted seperately then assembled. Paint is Dupont Centari "Sunflower Yellow"

Looks, sounds, and drives excellent. I have gotten many compliments on ir already and I only had it out for a couple of weeks.

Fingers are sore now. many more things I can't think of right now.

I am asking $20000 CDN or appx. $13000 US.

You won't be disappointed.

I am open to trades from 67-72 to be a seed for my next project.
Looking for short 4x4.

If any of you want or know anyone who may want let them know then let me knoe to see if we can work a deal.

I can help with delivery, paperwork and all that stuff.

Drop me a line at hypermannbca@yahoo.ca if interested.

I have a digi cam so I can take pics to send.

Peter

ps I will be out of town from tomorrow aft. Aug 21 to Sunday as I am on Vacation.
Attached Images

HYPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 10:20 PM   #2
MandarinSixSeven
Seasonal Poster

I kinda know what you are feeling when you say you wanna sell yours and do another one, i have been fighting that for years...its just the main problem of finding a new one right away...like say you sell it and go looking and cant find jack-squat, then you say "oh well, at least i have the money and can buy one whenever" but then something comes up and you have to spend the money on something else and its gone and you have no truck and no money and alot of tears and guilt
thats the thing that scares me the most about ever selling..
Kelowna BC, Canada
Member of DTPW
MandarinSixSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 07:35 AM   #3
JimKshortstep4x4

Smile

That is a great looking truck! Nice job!

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 02:55 PM   #4
Snowbound

Nice truck bud. You've done almost every thing to yours as I've done or want to do to mine. I hope I don't have $20k into mine when I'm done though - ouch! Good luck selling it - just don't expect long line of people with $20k to spend on an old truck. I' had the same problem when I tried to sell my '70 GS 455 rag top - it's a specialty vehicle and takes the right buyer with the cash. Not many of those in Canada, I'm afraid. Maybe E-bay?

Brian
1965 Chevy Short Box Stepside, 230 - 3 speed, 4:11 gears, original paint rust free survivor. Now sporting a 383 SBC and TKO-600
Snowbound is offline   Reply With Quote