The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2019, 09:23 PM   #1
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

No throttle

Started my swap today for the first time. Fired right up and quickly settled into an idle with great oil pressure.

When I give it any throttle it dies. Starts right back up, but dies when I give it gas.

I did not have a fuel pressure gauge on it. I know I will need to check that. Didn’t see or smell any obvious fuel leaks. I cleaned my injectors before I put the intake back on, so I don’t think it is that, but...

04 LQ4 DBW. Has been tuned already. Boyd tank with their pump. Any pointers on what to look for to correct this issue is appreciated.

I also learned that I needed the yolk installed in the transmission to avoid creating a puddle of trans fluid.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:53 AM   #2
ls1nova71

Re: No throttle

Your thread title is kind of misleading as it isnt a no throttle problem as much as it is as a running problem. It could be low fuel pressure, so I would start there. Or it could be in the tune, not sure how it could already be tuned???

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Quote:
Your thread title is kind of misleading as it isnt a no throttle problem as much as it is as a running problem. It could be low fuel pressure, so I would start there. Or it could be in the tune, not sure how it could already be tuned???
Sorry on the thread title. It runs, it just won't accept accelerator input. As far as the tune goes, I just had it set up for my specs and removal of VATs etc. Obviously, it isn't the final tune, but it was more than just wiping off the VATs....at least that's what they told me.

I'll rent a gauge from O'Reilly this weekend and see what kind of pressure I have at the schrader valve. Go from there. Gotta buy a trans yolk first though
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #4
Custom 68

I think what he means is that he had the basics done to match what he has installed and changed and turned off the VATs and that stuff. We had txted yesterday.
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:26 PM   #5
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Talked to my tuner at lunch. He said that it is very likely the tune as he puts a very basic tune in for start up because he doesn't want customers out running the tar out of the motor until he can tune it correctly. So, he recommended checking the pressure, but in all likely hood it would need some more set up on his end.

Also picked up a yolk for the transmission at lunch so I shouldn't need more kitty litter