The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #26
72GreenMonster

Re: Crazy throttle question

Good forensic work on the dbw and TAC challenges.
It is my understanding the 99-02 TAC is also different.

I just bought a 02 gas pedal and TAC on ebay for my 02 tahoe donor 5.3.
Not quite ready to fire up but
curious if it will match up to pcm and my throttle body.

I did find this link which covers LS throttle and TAC differences. Hope it helps
and good luck to all those in TAC school.

https://www.lsenginediy.com/gm-gen-i...uipment-guide/
Old 03-17-2019, 01:41 PM   #27
LH Lead-Foot

Using a non-scientific method, I took my HF angle gauge placed it directly over the pivot of my 2003 Tahoe electric adjustable throttle pedal. After 5 tries to get an average, I measure 12 degrees of movement of the pedal. That ain't much and surprised me a little. I would expect to have similar 5 volt signals which would make one think there is not reason to have a different TAC module. But, who knows...we didn't built it.
Seeing the video of the non-adjustable pedal, which appears to be much longer movement, perhaps twice as much. I would guess the APP sensor has major sensitivity over a very short range of motion compared to fixed pedals.

I tried to take photos with some better than others, but burry or too shiny to be worth posting, but still 12 degrees of movement.

If there a two part numbers listed for this particular RPO code w/adjustable pedals, I have no idea unless there is a first design, second design or internal electronics have change. I was told the GM changes the part number with a different supplier, materials, and even the box packaging.

But I would definitely say, there is two TAC modules. One with adjustable pedals and one without.

We have seen many use mis-matched APP sensors and TAC modules use in other builds. Some caused drivability issues, codes or did not work at all on the DBW system that are becoming more plentiful in the bone yards.

My suggestion is with cameras everywhere in phones, but get as shot of the RPO codes (Trucks / SUV's alway glove box door) but VIN as well for programming and future reference.

Newer PCM's include mileage as well, but one can make that up in a swap, but for future swaps, get the VIN and RPO codes...and matched parts.
This has been very interesting find, adding more knowledge to the forum. My personal RPO code book does not go above 2001. I will get mine and look at it soon as I hidden 6 or more in the garage. Still, very interesting...
Old 03-17-2019, 04:30 PM   #28
72GreenMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH Lead-Foot View Post
Using a non-scientific method, I took my HF angle gauge placed it directly over the pivot of my 2003 Tahoe electric adjustable throttle pedal. After 5 tries to get an average, I measure 12 degrees of movement of the pedal. That ain't much and surprised me a little. I would expect to have similar 5 volt signals which would make one think there is not reason to have a different TAC module. But, who knows...we didn't built it.
Seeing the video of the non-adjustable pedal, which appears to be much longer movement, perhaps twice as much. I would guess the APP sensor has major sensitivity over a very short range of motion compared to fixed pedals.

I tried to take photos with some better than others, but burry or too shiny to be worth posting, but still 12 degrees of movement.

If there a two part numbers listed for this particular RPO code w/adjustable pedals, I have no idea unless there is a first design, second design or internal electronics have change. I was told the GM changes the part number with a different supplier, materials, and even the box packaging.

But I would definitely say, there is two TAC modules. One with adjustable pedals and one without.

We have seen many use mis-matched APP sensors and TAC modules use in other builds. Some caused drivability issues, codes or did not work at all on the DBW system that are becoming more plentiful in the bone yards.

My suggestion is with cameras everywhere in phones, but get as shot of the RPO codes (Trucks / SUV's alway glove box door) but VIN as well for programming and future reference.

Newer PCM's include mileage as well, but one can make that up in a swap, but for future swaps, get the VIN and RPO codes...and matched parts.
This has been very interesting find, adding more knowledge to the forum. My personal RPO code book does not go above 2001. I will get mine and look at it soon as I hidden 6 or more in the garage. Still, very interesting...

Tricky, yeah yeah the challenge is between the 2 wire and 3 wire tac module along with the different pedals would love to have a simple solution for plug-and-play
Old 03-17-2019, 04:31 PM   #29
72GreenMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72GreenMonster View Post
Tricky, yeah yeah the challenge is between the 2 wire and 3 wire tac module along with the different pedals would love to have a simple solution for plug-and-play
Sorry just one yeah! Voice text error. Not yeah yeah
Old 04-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #30
beaterku

Thought I would report back. I finally got around testing a non adjustable pedal TAC module. Turns out a buddy had one in his stash down the street. ls1nova71 had so graciously offered to let me borrow one of his as well.

Well, as it turns out, the 12573059 and 12588923 module operate the throttle blade exactly the same. I thought for sure there was a difference but it appears that I was wrong. I think I am going to add a stopper on the pedal to stop the pedal travel when the throttle blade is open 100%.

Thanks for everyone who helped out with this!
beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote