The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #1
wshattuck

a good experience with a Diablo tuner on my LS 65'...

so,,,

i purchased a Diablo intune i3 platinum tuner... my main goal was 2 things first, i wanted to easily change the temperature the electric fans cut on and second, fix my speedo to read the correct speed(its off by about 10 MPH at 60). so after i updated it via the web i was able to easily get it to communicate and i chose the diablo sport tune. it then allowed me to change several parameters. of course it allowed me to change programming of both fan outputs on the ECM and also the tire size for the speedo. but it has a ton of other features(some i wouldnt dare change). And i must say it was very easy to do and took me less than 15 minutes to do it... i then ran down the road and verified the fans cut on at the temp i set them to. the speedo still needs a little more adjusting as it is not quite right yet but closer... i should be able to dial it in just by changing the tire size diameter a little more. the diablo sport tune seems to be pretty good as well, it seems to be a little more responsive too.
im sure the true tuner guys could have done this a little differently but for what i wanted to accomplish this worked well for me.

will
Old 03-08-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
skyphix

Re: a good experience with a Diablo tuner on my LS 65'...

I have a friend using a Diablo tuner on his stock 07 Yukon XL - it seems to have done pretty good by him. Sure, pushing an actual tune might net you more but for your uses if it worked then great!

I am in the process of learning GM ECU tuning via HP Tuners for my swap, and turbo LS, but I want to do more than the Diablo offers. For your use cases though, they seem to work awesome. Good to know they work on swapped vehicles too!
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:34 PM   #3
wshattuck

well it did push a preprogrammed "diablo sport" tune to it then it let me make some other changes to it. says it a program to use with 93 octane fuel. says it changes some shift points and timing...

seems to be working pretty good thus far
Old 03-09-2019, 08:41 AM   #4
bigdaddy4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshattuck View Post
well it did push a preprogrammed "diablo sport" tune to it then it let me make some other changes to it. says it a program to use with 93 octane fuel. says it changes some shift points and timing...

seems to be working pretty good thus far
hey just curious does the diablo tuner let you program the ecm if it has been reflashed before ? i have a superchips tuner it wont work because the ecm was tuned to remove the vats and o2 sensors
bigdaddy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #5
wshattuck

well that would be a question for the tuner guys... that thought did cross my mind before i tuned mine. i wasnt sure if mine ecm was tuned before i got it...
Old 03-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #6
skyphix

I've never seen a swap that didn't at least have VATS turned off, which would indicate that the Diablo doesn't care if that stuff has been modified.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:01 PM   #7
LH Lead-Foot

Not sure if this question works in this post.

Question about tuning the PCM with DBW with an automatic "LS" swap.

I have read somewhere that guys where complaining about some lag between stepping on the throttle and actual opening time. I don't remember where I read this, but the suggestion was to have to tuner set the DBW to manual transmission rather than automatic and this perks it up to a noticeable change or feel.

Thoughts?

I have decades of dealer programming or flashing updates to fix known problems and the occasional custom TechLine code number by problem & VIN. Just not sure about the aftermarket tuning stuff.
I had some tech joke around with me when I put a laptop and dedicated internet line in the top of my tool box. That only lasted a few years though.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #8
wshattuck

Lead foot wish i could help but that question is way above me... i know mine throttle response seems to be pretty good without any noticeable lag.

will
Old 03-14-2019, 07:30 PM   #9
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

There is a bunch of stuff that can be done in a Diablo CMR editor, but that requires someone to edit it in the DSP software and make a diablo tune file that the handheld can upload.

If you run it in manual, doesn't it prevent tcc lock control and the other ecm/tcm control of the trans?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote