The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
CURSED GEARS

My truck has become "magnatized."

Hey gang! Just venting here, bare with me.
ID show pictured of my truck, but youve seen it before, plus, the images were on my other computer which got fried by lightening.
About the same time, I had surgery. After I could get around, I drove my 70ty Chevy truck to the gas station. Parked it and went inside. Came out and I had a 93 Dodge van that looked awfully close to my truck. I got out there and sure enough, the woman had hit it. She thought two cars were going to collide, so, she hit my truck to avoid them. Damage wasnt too bad, but still....
Three weeks ago, I pulled into my drive after getting back from the barber. I used my wifes car. A friend text me telling me he had free tickets to the World of wheels, and would I like to go? While answering I glanced up and theres paint chips hanging off the left rear quarter. The same place where the dodge hit me, but now I had two dents. Some time over the week, some one had hit me and didnt bother to stop. I go to work in the dark, and come home in the dark, so, I dont know where, or when this occurred.
Three nights ago, I get off work and I pull by my truck to drop off my gear. I notice someone had smeared the dirt on the paint. It was obvious to me it was the "did I scratch it? , smear. Small dent, and a broken turn signal lens. There was a piece of paper flopping under my windshield wipers. Yep! Hit again. 3rd time in five months. It seems my truck has been magnatized, and is now attracting other metal.
Ive been planning on freshening up this truck after the hotrod is done. Told my wife about a month ago that it wouldnt take much to get it ready for new paint, but now, everytime I go to it, its been hit again. Really, really irritating.
Anyway, I know this is long, but I needed to get it off my chest.
CURSED GEARS.
CURSED GEARS is offline   Reply With Quote