The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2007, 09:43 PM   #1
67subslead

NEW Door Problem

Finley got around to hang my Tri-Plus suburban doors that I bought from GMC Pauls. Started on the passenger side first . Got the door hung did a little ajustment and it would not stay lined up . Moved the hinge again same thing . again ;again ;again; About a hour of this . Took door back of . Seen that the pinch row that bonds the outer door skin to the door frame was pulling apart. Why was this not spot welded ? Looked a drivers door same thing. Why cant these parts be correct . The Company / Person you buy them from should let you know that this is a problem so it can be fixed befor they are installed .[ATTACH]Name:  100_2959.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  51.3 KB

I gess the problem lay in the part its self . Not the installer.
ATTACH]249718[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Images

67subslead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
Joe Gribben

Re: NEW Door Problem

got my doors from gmc pauls to i will have to look at them to see if there is a problem with mine as well.
Joe Gribben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
Hart_Rod

I don't think they spot weld any of them. It gives the door some flexibilty, or at least that's what I've been told. I'm going to seam seal mine and hopefully that will tighten them up a little. Did you have to grind away some metal to get the top hinge to bolt in correctly? I've had to do that to 3 different doors. Also had a problem with the door frame not being aligned with the back of the door. I understand every truck is different, but you would think they could get those 2 areas correcct.

R

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 03-11-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
67subslead

I would spot weld that lip around the door. What If that was to pull apart after a nice pant job. I had to use longer 3/8 bolts and longate the top door hinge on drivers side .
67subslead is offline   Reply With Quote