The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
mattkile

1971 heavy duty aux replacement seats seat covers

I have a 1971 that came with the heavy duty aux seats and I need replacement seat covers. I have called a hand full of companies such as LMC truck, golden state, brothers and a few others but they all use the PUI seat covers and none of them will fit my seats. there are a few differences because the seat was an upgrade and folds forward. I also heard that it would work if i used the 67-68 seat covers. just want to see if anyone has heard of this or have had this problems and maybe has a solution. First time on a blog so be easy on me.
mattkile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:45 PM   #2
Spf79

Re: 1971 heavy duty aux replacement seats seat covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkile View Post
I have a 1971 that came with the heavy duty aux seats and I need replacement seat covers. I have called a hand full of companies such as LMC truck, golden state, brothers and a few others but they all use the PUI seat covers and none of them will fit my seats. there are a few differences because the seat was an upgrade and folds forward. I also heard that it would work if i used the 67-68 seat covers. just want to see if anyone has heard of this or have had this problems and maybe has a solution. First time on a blog so be easy on me.
I probably called everyone you called, &... I came to the following conclusion, bite the bullet and have them recovered. (Sad face) You can call these guys, www.smsautofabrics.com - they will probably have the original fabric if that is what you are going for. I like the look of those seats you have, they are the ones with the metal back right? Wider than the sport bucket? I have a set of late 90's denali seats, they are pretty wide as well. I was planning on pulling the head rests and built in arm rests out of them and then having them recovered in the original style vinyl. Heated, with power, but original look, hopefully similar to your seats. I hope SMS is helpful.

PS, you will love this forum - I have not been here long, but every interaction I have had has been great!
Old 11-30-2017, 12:07 AM   #3
mattkile

yes that's good information. I already reached out to a few uplstry shops and yes deffently going to bit the bullet but I want to keep it original. I'm deffently going to use your resource for the fabric. thanks so much
mattkile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:03 AM   #4
Spf79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkile View Post
yes that's good information. I already reached out to a few uplstry shops and yes deffently going to bit the bullet but I want to keep it original. I'm deffently going to use your resource for the fabric. thanks so much
No problem! Post some pics once you get them done.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:20 AM   #5
jaros44sr

If using SMS, plan to wait awhile and customer service is very slow.

Also make sure you get the top and bottom vinyl, as they are different. they also have an expanded vinyl for the sides that match the original very well, don't forget the piping. I think I bought 3 yards, which was enough for both seats. But, you should measure to make sure

Pics are in my build, seats are also called utility seats

welcome aboard!!

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote