The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
WastedTime

Jeep Springs For Lowering

Hi everyone! I recently picked up a 70 c10 that I am looking to lower a little bit on the cheap as this is just a temporary lowering solution (ultimately the truck will be bagged). I've read about using Jeep springs in the rear. Can anyone tel me if springs from a 2011JK 4 door wrangler will work? Thanks in advance! I have to say this is one of the best forums I've been a part pig and I can't wait to soak up all the knowledge that is around!
WastedTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
jessemthompson

Re: Jeep Springs For Lowering

Truck springs are less the $100 a pair. How much cheaper do you need? Plus the springs are designed for the weight and will function properly as opposed to springs that are designed for another vehicle.
jessemthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #3
WastedTime

You know what you are absolutely correct... the more research I did I found that for my purpose its best to buy drop springs as I still plan on hauling things. I also found this particular topic beat to death so my bad for creating a new post!! I didn't see anywhere though mentioning if the JK springs would work so if anyone has done it I'd still be curious!
Old 05-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #4
leddzepp

I tried it, based on what I had read here. Waste of time and money, didn't lower the truck and it bounced all over the place. Buy the proper ones and be happy.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
midniteblues

When I first read this thread,
my only thought on the subject was your screen name.
And just because you could doesn't mean you should if that makes any sense.

If you want too just lower the truck before bagging find some blocks at least you might be able too use the blocks with the bags and not have too have useless springs laying around that nobody else wants.

But in all reality my thoughts are just drive it the way it is and plan and collect every part and do it all at once the way you truley want it done.
Planning every step out ahead of time will save you alot of time in the long run.

I see alot of guys that only want a small drop, but afterwards they want more drop and do it again with yet another set of springs.
Then once that's done they realize shock relocation is needed, so they are back under the truck again
Then notice a adjustable bar is needed, under it again, then,exhaust needs rerouting...then in the end ya get alot of $ into it and way more work and a inoperable truck for alot longer that what was thought in the beginning because of poor planning.....ask me how I know this
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
WastedTime

Thanks for the replies everyone! Since it's going to be a a while before it's bagged, I'm thinking of going with a 3/5 drop using springs. The wife says no tearing this thing apart (I have a bad track record of getting myself into too much of a project then losing interest) so I an going to save my pennies until I can convert the front end to disc, bag it and z the front end. I appreciate everyone's input!