The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2023, 07:47 PM   #1
ATL Golfer

Running into my first drivetrain issues...help.

I've had my Blazer for about 10yrs now and it has run well in that time. Couple very minor hiccups along the way. Everything is stock.

The latest issue has my next door neighbor stumped. He's the one that works on it. He runs a little bit of classic car shop out of of his garage.

So I noticed on the drive where it went downhill I could feel something in the steering wheel and gas pedal. Went a little down the highway and it just didn't feel right. I heard a noise, steering felt weird. Got into some traffic, hit the gas, nothing happened. It lost power. Got out and can see transmission fluid.
Got it towed to transmission shop.

The transmission cooler line had come off, all of the belts came off. Got that all patched up. But it still has that feeling that something in the engine bay is off ...can still feel something in the steering wheel and the gas pedal. It feels like what happened before is going to happen again. Almost like something is going burst/come undone. Haven't driven it since other than to start in the garage to get fluids moving. It feels like this when I get up to about 30mph.

Any clue to what it could be? Neighbor said it could be harmonic balancer?

Also, if anyone has good shop they trust in Atlanta I'd love a recommendation.

Thank you,
Kevin
ATL Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 08:52 AM   #2
towjamin

Re: Running into my first drivetrain issues...help.

try checking the motor mounts, if you have a broken mount it will let the motor come up and could pull the trans line off and raise hell with the belts, just a guess since i cant look at the truck in person
towjamin is offline   Reply With Quote