The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2016, 09:26 PM   #1
ItWillBeSlow

Precision window seals

Bought an 8 piece window seal kit from one of the vendors here, was surprised to see the felt strip for the top/back is way too long and will require cutting.

Also, the division bar piece is over twice the needed length and will require cutting too. Since it has metal in it its more than just a box cutter. Did I get the wrong pieces? Quality looks great aside from the fact that I have to modify it right out of the package
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2016, 11:18 PM   #2
48richard

Re: Precision window seals

These pieces extend down inside the door for the glass to slide in when it is down.
They are not too long.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
ItWillBeSlow

Oh duh.. Should have thought of that.

What about the upper piece? Am I missing anything here? It's about a foot too long but will be an easy cut.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I don't think you should have to cut anything. The window channel needs to extend to the lowest point of the window lowered

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:08 PM   #5
ItWillBeSlow

The felt channel for the top/back part of the window is definitely longer than stock. It has cuts in the rubber for where the curve is, so it can't be installed backwards, and it's a good foot longer than needed. It extends past the top of the vent window. I wish I took a pic for comparison
Old 03-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #6
trkfrk

Precision seals are good quality.. I did up trimming my felt about 1/4".

1972 C10 SWB LS1/T56 6 speed trans/4:56 posi with 5.5"-7" static drop/Boss 338 Wheels 18"x20"

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=424609.

My first start up http://youtu.be/R899YQ1OcjU
trkfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:20 AM   #7
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWillBeSlow View Post
The felt channel for the top/back part of the window is definitely longer than stock. It has cuts in the rubber for where the curve is, so it can't be installed backwards, and it's a good foot longer than needed. It extends past the top of the vent window. I wish I took a pic for comparison
felt channel for the top/back part of the window is a Left=Right part, turn the other end towards the vent window and you'll find the notches for the door curve align with the door glass upper frame curve.
You need to take the vent window out & door glass to install the glass run channel & division bar felts. Once you remove these you'll easily see where your mistaken on the division bar & glass run channel being to long. If you still feel something's to long after removing the items needed to replace these part's then post a picture showing the measurement of the glass run channel & division bar felts and I'll be happy to confirm the measurements for you.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:19 PM   #8
ItWillBeSlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
felt channel for the top/back part of the window is a Left=Right part, turn the other end towards the vent window and you'll find the notches for the door curve align with the door glass upper frame curve.
You need to take the vent window out & door glass to install the glass run channel & division bar felts. Once you remove these you'll easily see where your mistaken on the division bar & glass run channel being to long. If you still feel something's to long after removing the items needed to replace these part's then post a picture showing the measurement of the glass run channel & division bar felts and I'll be happy to confirm the measurements for you.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
Good deal, thanks Paul
Old 10-05-2016, 06:37 AM   #9
Norcalsully

Anybody run into trouble fitting the scraper seals into place?? I got the deluxe versions with the metal bead scraper; seems too long. Fits at the vent window, all clips line up, but it seems like too much strip running into the glass run opposite the vent window.
Norcalsully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:00 AM   #10
Robznob11

The only thing I had to trim was the small felt at the bottom of the glass about 1/4" . As far as everything else you can put it in place with the glass in place. I did put the channel run in the vent before installing on one side and it's easier. But I forgot on the other side and was still able to install it relatively easy. Window down..install channel up and around. Then roll window up and install lower part. Loosen everything up to give yourself wiggle room. I used a long blunt nose screwdriver to push it in the middle and it pops right in. Just make sure not to use anything sharp and poke a hole. The whole trick to redoing these Doors is to Loosen everything so the window has room to move forward and back...hope this helps
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS

Last edited by Robznob11; 10-05-2016 at 07:07 AM.
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote