The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
Hazieview
Building Dreams out of Dimes!

Thumbs down Hooker darkside headers rusting after only a few months.

I recently purchased the darkside Hooker headers because I liked the black finish. Needless to say they were a waste. After only a few months they are already starting to rust. I would not recommend these headers because they do not hold up to their description in which I have listed below. Just trying to save everyone some money. Oh and not to mention that on the driver's side the number 5 cylinder sparkling is almost impossible to hook a wire to neatly.

Description/B.S.:

These Hooker Competition Darkside ceramic coated headers feature an exclusive proprietary black ceramic coating that offers a more refined texture and better appearance. They are manufactured from durable 16-gauge steel and have 5/16 in. thick flanges that are heavy enough to maintain header integrity, yet pliable enough to seal each exhaust port. The Hooker Competition Darkside ceramic coated headers provide improved thermal resistance up to 1,700 degrees F, limiting heat migration through the header and reducing underhood temperatures. Unless otherwise noted, these headers are designed to fit the vehicle as it came from the manufacturer. This includes components like cylinder heads, chassis, steering, motor mounts, body mounts and bushings, etc. If your vehicle is using aftermarket components, parts from other applications, or custom altered parts, then it is the installer's responsibility to verify fitment.