The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
yossarian19

Thumbs down POL 55-59 6 Lug Disc

So far, I've identified 4 problems with the disc kit.
1. Pads bottom out in bracket before caliper bolts line up - both sides do this.
2. Supplied rotors do not line up on hub quite right for the supplied spacer bolts to work. Not a big deal.
3. Caliper slide bolts seem cocked, or rotor's vertical runout is out of spec. As I turn the rotor, it brushes one of the slide bolts.
4. Supplied lower bolts are 1/8" too short to engage the supplied nylon lock nut properly. $5 worth of hardware.
I think I can fix all of these issues with a die grinder and a hammer but eagerly await POL's response to my tech support request. It's also possible I'm doing something wrong here but I doubt it.

For what it's worth, the roller bearing kit I got at the same time went in pretty nicely and the grease seals are of decent quality.

Still, I paid $375 or so for some '72 C10 calipers & 80-something K1500 rotors + brackets that don't @#$ing seem to fit.

So, I don't really want to buy from POL again at the moment. They can still change my mind if they bring it with the customer service, though, and either replace the brackets or show me what I did wrong.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Re: POL 55-59 6 Lug Disc

I spent more than a $1,000 than you did, and they stalled and weaseled. I'll take a red hot poker enema before I buy from them again.

Good luck - you're gonna need it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Performance Online
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Warrens69GMC

Picture of what is wrong?
Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
yossarian19

Got a request to close the thread with how it turned out
Basically, POL kept kicking it down the road saying "I told my manager" and "We're working on a resolution, should know next week" and "Oh, you thought we meant *this* week? No, Next Week" until 6 weeks went by, countless followup emails, and POL never did a damned thing for me. Just placate & delay - that is all their customer service ammounts to.
I think all that was really wrong was that the brake pads were cheapos that were too thick by a 1/16 or so. I eventually got everything to fit, I think, but I haven't gotten to drive the truck yet.
What still burns my ass about it is the total lack of customer service. Even though I think their brackets, in the end, were fine - getting the dustoff from a company I just dropped 3/4 of a paycheck with just isn't cool in my book.
So I give POL two thumbs down. One for product that didn't fit, two for bad customer service.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #6
Warrens69GMC

This is what the (49-54) car setup looks like (maybe it will help)

Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote