The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2018, 11:30 PM   #1
CHEVYHD496

SPID plate help

Hey guys! I recently bought a 1972 C20 Cheyene Super BBC. Unfortunately it was missing the glovebox door. I know it’s a long shot but I’m hoping to get just a picture of the original SPID. It was located in Missouri for several years and the last six is 346179. Thank you all and any help is appreciated!
USMC 06-14 / 0331
OIF VET
CHEVYHD496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:33 AM   #2
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: SPID plate help

My 1 ? is why worry about it.I seen over 250 guys come to me an say there looking for this poart with this number on it.

I like this one guy that came in to auto zone and was looking for a part that came on a Toyota Camry.The part never came up under that part number so the Parts guy asked him to go out and get the Vin number

He come back 5 mins with a Vin number parts guy runs the Vin it come back to a Lexus 250.He needs the rear air shocks.Parts guy tells him there 1800.00 Guy said why can't i get the one for the Camry parts guy tells him Camry did not come with air struts.he was trying to be nice to the customer.But if you want expensive you will have to pay the expensive price.

Guys use to come at me about wanting to have number matching parts for there car's and trucks.But give me low dollar for the part.I told 5 guys when you come at me for parts for numbers matching the price goes one 300%. I've talked to a lot of guys are buy part collections like the DZ 302 engine blocks or the Hemi 1967--72 or pulleys.They tell me The guys wanting a numbers matching car is looking to sell that car for maximum dollar.So i tell most guys that are looking for sertin date stamped parts per pair your self about spends a but load of money.

Me on the other had I tried to do the numbers game it drove me up the wall Life is too short.Now all i want to do is drive that dam thing.and enjoy it
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVYHD496 View Post
Hey guys! I recently bought a 1972 C20 Cheyene Super BBC. Unfortunately it was missing the glovebox door. I know it’s a long shot but I’m hoping to get just a picture of the original SPID. It was located in Missouri for several years and the last six is 346179. Thank you all and any help is appreciated!
You might be further ahead to try and locate a build sheet in the vehicle.

Inside the seat cushions, under the carpet/flooring, inside the dash are all fertile ground.

What assembly plant was your vehicle built in?

If it was built in Canada, or built in the US for Canadian use, then GM of Canada would have your original option content by VIN for your specific truck.

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:21 AM   #4
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsalvage View Post
My 1 ? is why worry about it.I seen over 250 guys come to me an say there looking for this poart with this number on it.

I like this one guy that came in to auto zone and was looking for a part that came on a Toyota Camry.The part never came up under that part number so the Parts guy asked him to go out and get the Vin number

He come back 5 mins with a Vin number parts guy runs the Vin it come back to a Lexus 250.He needs the rear air shocks.Parts guy tells him there 1800.00 Guy said why can't i get the one for the Camry parts guy tells him Camry did not come with air struts.he was trying to be nice to the customer.But if you want expensive you will have to pay the expensive price.

Guys use to come at me about wanting to have number matching parts for there car's and trucks.But give me low dollar for the part.I told 5 guys when you come at me for parts for numbers matching the price goes one 300%. I've talked to a lot of guys are buy part collections like the DZ 302 engine blocks or the Hemi 1967--72 or pulleys.They tell me The guys wanting a numbers matching car is looking to sell that car for maximum dollar.So i tell most guys that are looking for sertin date stamped parts per pair your self about spends a but load of money.

Me on the other had I tried to do the numbers game it drove me up the wall Life is too short.Now all i want to do is drive that dam thing.and enjoy it
What! What?
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote