The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
gmachinz
Account Suspended

1986 K10 shorty revival

Well, I got this truck in a trade and it was originally a 2WD cab and now it's sitting on a shortbox 4x4 frame and should have dual tanks (wiring is there...mostly anyway....) but previous owner just put a single tank box.

Anyway, original color was grey with black interior-the interior when I got it was trashed for the most part and this truck had a lot of electrical gremlins for me to sort out. It has a GM Goodwrench 350 with miles unknown, a TH350 trans (which is toast) and a 73-77 vintage 205 TC and 3.73 gears. My plan is for a complete interior restore and I'm going with blue interior since I have a lot of it left over from my 90 Suburban build and eventually the truck will be sprayed in GM Arctic White which is a 98 S10 color-absolutely the brighest white GM made.

I'm updating the stereo, converting to serpentine, electric fan, sound deadening the interior, swapping the front clip over to a 90 K5 front end which I have sitting ready to go and converting to electric mirrors-I have both the conversion van style and a few sets of them from a 91 Suburban so I'll swap them around and see what looks better on th etruck-I have several sets of doors with them on so it's no biggie.

I just finished organizing my truck parts and thought I'd take a couple pics before it gets any further along-more pics to come too-I've had it a month now and I've already got most of the interior ready to go back in.

gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote