The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #1
Dan-K

Brothers Order M.I.A. ?

I ordered some small parts from Brothers on-line on May 30th . I tried to call last week multiple times wondering where they were . After several attempts I called again early one morning and talked to a rep who sounded like he just got out of bed and after a minute or so told me that the shipping department would call me back . Guess what ? No call back . Then I was fairly chapped and finally was able to message them on line through their site . My order had never been shipped ! Anyone else had problems like this ? Sounds like I will have to get an LMC catalogue .

Last edited by 70cst; 05-16-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Dan-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:24 AM   #2
67C10Step

Re: Brothers Order M.I.A. ?

I am about to check today on an order I placed. Everything was supposedly in stock and should ship in 1-2 days. So far, nothing. Not overly impressed right now.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:26 AM   #3
AussieinNC

I would suspect this virus pandemic has perhaps caused a lot of small businesses to close down or work on much reduced staffing levels.

A message header on their website says "Attention: COVID-19 Update - Our customer service & sales teams are available by phone and/or email during standard business hours. To protect our staff as well as our valued customers our showroom is currently closed, however we are offering Parking Lot Pick Up. "...

You could always email them at orders@brotherstrucks.com

LMC staffing is also reduced...hopefully eveything will be back to "normal" once this virus threat has passed.

2006 Chevy Silverado (Daily Driver)
2012 Chevy Equinox

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:11 AM   #4
kwmech

I'd be really ticked if I had waited almost a year for my parts, I'd have asked for a refund by now and gotten them somewhere else
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:13 AM   #5
Bad4wd

I'm done with brothers. What they like to do is charge your whole order on your credit card and ship out half your order or just one item from your order. But everything shows its coming till you open the box and on the invoice its mark B.O. Then you wait a month or two to cancel order and they repay your CC but not the shipping cost. You end up paying double the cost of the parts because of the shipping you don't get back.
Bad4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-K View Post
I ordered some small parts from Brothers on-line on May 30th . I tried to call last week multiple times wondering where they were . After several attempts I called again early one morning and talked to a rep who sounded like he just got out of bed and after a minute or so told me that the shipping department would call me back . Guess what ? No call back . Then I was fairly chapped and finally was able to message them on line through their site . My order had never been shipped ! Anyone else had problems like this ? Sounds like I will have to get an LMC catalogue .

Try Classic Parts. They are in Kansas City.

https://www.classicparts.com/1967-19...departments/7/

I ordered some tach parts last Thursday and they came on Monday. All of the parts I have ordered from them have been good quality.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #7
Redneck Rydes

Classic Parts all the way,NO Brothers or LMC, also a very good supplier is GMC Pauls
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:41 AM   #8
1972trucks

Try Southern Kentucky classics. I have always had good luck out of them. I ordered a part on monday and was delivered by Thursday and shipping wasnt bad
1972trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:45 PM   #9
demian5

Truck and Car shop in Orange CA. They have another location in the Midwest I believe now.
1983 K2500 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2
Instagram: C10sofOC
demian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #10
typerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by demian5 View Post
Truck and Car shop in Orange CA. They have another location in the Midwest I believe now.
Also my favorite. They are about 5 minutes from my office but always so crowded the wait is 45 minutes or more so I just order online. My parts always show up in a day or two.
typerr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:35 PM   #11
rockyrivermark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-K View Post
Did you mean March 30th? If you have been waiting since May 30th then that order should have been canceled last summer. That’s just crazy.
LMC is even worse than brothers. Try the other suggestions already noted.
I did ordered some small parts from Bow tie Bits with no probs.
Posted via Mobile Device
rockyrivermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:40 PM   #12
Dan-K

Apologies and early A.M. fog , I meant March 30th .
Dan-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:39 PM   #13
saxart

I ordered something from Brother's on March 31 and something from another vendor shortly after that. Neither part has shipped yet. I'm guessing it's because of this shut down situation. I'll probably give it another week and check on status with those vendors.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:02 PM   #14
67C10Step

Finally got a notification my order is shipping and will be here next Monday. I’ve ordered from Classic Industries, southern Kentucky, and even lmc with better results. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt right now due to the current circumstances.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
Old 04-21-2020, 11:29 PM   #15
rmneder

I had a similar experience. After a week with no shipment I called Brother's and was told the stuff was out of stock. I never received any emails from them since the initial order. I cancelled the order. Then had to call back several days later to get them to refund the money. Also, the guy I talked to who I think was the same guy both times, seemed irritated and gave a shady vibe.

I've ordered a lot of stuff since the shut down from auto parts to toys for my kids from lots of different places and have not had any problems from anyone else.
rmneder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:08 AM   #16
Bad4wd

Buttholes should be out of business pretty soon. So I wouldn’t order anything from them.
Bad4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:03 AM   #17
ImNoSpaz

I have been waiting 2 months for a return email I sent with a question. This was before the mess we're in. They lost a good bit of $ from me.
ImNoSpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:18 AM   #18
Richard

I only order from brothers or lmc when I cannot find the parts elsewhere. They both seem to take 3-7 days to ship, even before this mess. Recommend you support the board vendors. If you cannot find it on their site give them a call.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:09 AM   #19
67C10Step

I've only had my truck almost a year now but I am learning the vendors for certain. I have used a bunch of them and have a list for GMC Pauls when my rich uncle gets out of the poor house. Thus far I have been happy with all the parts I have gotten, just some of the companies lack a customer service side. One thing I have learned is if a company is a pain taking your money they will be 10x a pain if you try to get some or all of it back.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
Old 04-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #20
Davidf

I don't know, I have tried most all the larger vendors (except GMC Pauls). For my '52 restoration, I used Classic Parts. But, for my '71 refurbishment, I am using Brothers almost exclusively and am satisfied so far. The only current part I have not received is a new houndstooth seat cover. I assumed the delay is due to someone having to make the cover.

None of these vendors are perfect and I am surprised that I have not had issues with Brothers during the COVID-19 issue.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:12 AM   #21
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Two reputable sellers that you can speak with the owner/operators. Been in business for years.

West Coast: Wes at Classic Heartbeat / Tacoma, WA

Mid West: Paul Jr at GMC Paul's / Indiana

They might not have in stock, but they will let you know on the front end.

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #22
Backroads67

I have ordered parts through other venders and they come in a timely manner. I have a few places I order materials from in KC for my work, order by 3 pm I have it here in SE Iowa by 11 am next day. If I order from Lmc it takes a min of 5-7 days to receive it... What's up with that!? They don't wait a week to charge my account! Lol
I Support board vendors ☺
40 Plymouth pickup

Backroads67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:34 AM   #23
csolomon71

I use classic Chevrolet in Oklahoma city. Their prices are pretty good but I have never had anything shipped since I live locally.
csolomon71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:22 PM   #24
54blackhornet

It’s hard to believe Brothers has gotten so bad ? They where once pretty reliable.
Old 04-22-2020, 02:41 PM   #25
mr48chev

Brothers is in Corona California right in the Middle of LA where just about everything is on a tighter lockdown than other parts of the country. I haven't bought anything form them recently.

I use Classic parts most of the time and especially for small things because shipping is the cost of what ever size priority mail box your order will fit in if it is just small stuff.

I have been to Classic heartbeat's shop outside of Olympia and Wes cares and is real picky about the quality of what he sells.If he won't use the part on a truck he is building in his shop he won't sell it to you. He doesn't have space for a huge inventory though. he is about 200 miles from me.

I had to wait quite a while on a park light lens from The Filling Station and rather think that they may be ordering in a lot of what they sell and then sending it out. Price and shipping were great though.
I had ordered a fuel filler hose for my 77 from Classic Industries and they did notify me that it was back ordered and it took a seriously long time to get it They actually asked if I still wanted it because the back order was going to take some time.

Delivery wise, I passed my UPS driver that delivers to me on the highway at 7:30 last night as he was headed back to the UPS facility. Those guys are putting in some long days with all the extra packages of stuff people are ordering right now. A package I mailed to another member here in the state took an extra day to get there.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote