The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-08-2021, 06:26 PM   #26
ray_mcavoy

Re: Oil Pressure Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
I did it. First pic with sender wire Not grounded. Second pic with sender wire grounded. Thoughts?
Looks good!

I think there might be a little bit of range difference between the scale on the faceplate for the original gauge vs. the newer one that might make an exact calibration impossible. And what you have now looks like it might be about as close as you can get. But if you want to give it some additional testing and fine-tune the needle position (if necessary), you could hook up some resistors in place of the sending unit to simulate various pressure readings.

For example, a 15Ω and a 30Ω resistor connected in series (or any other combination that = 45Ω) could be used to simulate the sending unit at half scale (30psi). And three 30Ω resistors in series (or other combination equaling 90Ω) could be used to simulate the sending unit at full scale (60psi).
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #27
The Rocknrod

Re: Oil Pressure Gauge

Thanks Ray, I will find some and attempt to play. Not sure if there is a place in Waco to get them but i will look.
Actually this has been fun for me. Thank you for all your help.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote