The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2002, 09:14 PM   #1
67 CHEV MAN

Post MY 71 GMC TRUCK DROVE 2500 MILES IN 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!

I just recently completed the first of a few trips I will have to make to relocate my family,truck and parts to Tulsa Olkahoma from Western Washington. I have 3 trucks that I have to take back to Tulsa. This past Sunday morning I loaded up my 71 3/4 gmc lwb with 292 and manual trans and started a 2500 mile to Tulsa from Seattle also packed inside the truck was a very skeptical wife. The truck was loaded to the max with some to truck parts I have accumulated over the years.The truck had supposely 90 thousands original miles thats uncomfirmed she's a for real plain jane with no options at all. She made the trip without any major hitches other than having to replace a leaking radiator in Portland Oregon at 2am while my lovely was sleep in the hotel room just so happen to have another radiator in the truck so it was no problem.Gas mileage wasn't all that great about 12 to 13 mpg but its no spring chicken either, she burnt some though. But over all I was very impressed with her performance. In about a month or 2 will be making the trip again in my 71 cheyenne but this time I travel in comfort she's got options going to need them will be pulling a trailer with my 56 short step on the back. So Im hear to say that will the old chevy trucks are tough...

------------------
*72 GMC lwb *71 CHEYENNE lwb *71 CHEYENNE swb *68 CST swb with factory tac,tilt,a/c,67/68 bucket seats and american racing coke bottle rims *67 CST swb with factory tac,tilt,a/c,67/68 bucket seats and american racing coke bottle rims *68 CST swb wanting some love *67 CST swb waiting patiencely for some attention *56 CHEVY stepside,volare front clip,posi,and big back window haven't seen her in a while still at the body shop *** and enough parts for 2 more shortwides and 2 more lwb ** I know already I've got Issues, I go to a therapist twice a week!!!!!