The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #26
semperfidoordie
Fix It Till It's Broke

Re: Got It One Piece At A Time...build thread

Picture time
Attached Images

Blue Dragon: 72 K-10 SOLD!
The Tank 77 K-10 KIA

panhandler62: Just don't search for "trannys" no matter how hard yours shifts -- you just won't get what you are looking for.

I Made The Official So Cal Board Meet
semperfidoordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #27
semperfidoordie
Fix It Till It's Broke

So today I got some more work done. No pictures though but I got the new weatherstripping in (it's a lot quieter) however I can still hear some air leaking not sure if I didn't close the door hard enough or not and it's dark so I can't tell till the morning however I also got the new drivers outside door handle on and the new drivers side window crank on so I'm happy for it being a Thursday night. Now just time to wait for the new parts to get in. Now my question is: Headers and exhaust or full top end kit first? I can afford the exhaust/headers now, however would have to wait and save for the top end kit. Any advice?
The Tank 77 K-10 KIA

panhandler62: Just don't search for "trannys" no matter how hard yours shifts -- you just won't get what you are looking for.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #28
semperfidoordie
Fix It Till It's Broke

Another update: All my stuff came in from Classic Parts so I have Friday off and I'm installing the new dome bulb and lens, the floormats, the carpeted kick panels, the glove box and the gearshift knob. Pretty excited
The Tank 77 K-10 KIA

Old 10-29-2008, 12:48 AM   #29
desertPOS

hey dude, glad to hear you're working on the truck. Haven't been on here much since I sold the truck, but came on tonight to see how your power steering upgrade was going As far as the wind still coming through the new door seals, I think the driver side latch needs to be adjusted. The passenger side always seemed to be decently sealed and close nice and tight/crisp. Driver (as I'm sure you've noticed) doesn't exactly close all the way (door sticks out a good 1/8th" when closed and rattles around a bit when you close it). As the driver door was used much more over the last 40 years than the passenger, I would assume it would definitely need some adjusting anyway, but I would also check the latch inside for paint on it that's not originally. Very possible the prev. owner removed stuff like that when he painted it and may not have readjusted correctly when reinstalling. Worth checking, but you may already have done that. Cool stereo!
desertPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:23 AM   #30
BadgerTheFerret
Be nice, it was a work truck!

Wow. I just stumbled upon this thread and not only do we have damn near the same truck, but I'm on Pendleton myself.

My truck is a 70 Chevy C/20 Longbed, White/Tan, 350/TH350. It's been in the family since new, and I was able to snag it up from my Dad years ago. It's seen life as a work truck, and now it's going to get a resto-mod. I am going along the lines of a pro street type deal.

In fact, I got it shipped out here two weeks ago, and it is sitting in my buddies garage on Miramar.

Anyways, if you need someone to turn some wrenches with, send me a PM or something. I'm in the 14 area.
BadgerTheFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #31
semperfidoordie
Fix It Till It's Broke

Badger hey man don't know if your truck is still on Miramar or not but I'm almost positive it's in the base housing on there cause I saw an almost exact copy of my truck the other day

so to the actual thread...

I finally got around to getting the glovebox in (what a pain) and started sizing up what kinda project the roll pan is gonna be. Not too bad from the looks of it. Also just a side note I tightened the drivers side mirror as it liked to sit next to me at about 60+ on the freeway. Hope people are still reading this
The Tank 77 K-10 KIA

Old 12-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #32
nuke1

you have a nice clean looking truck there, definetly would like to see more pics of it
J.J.R.H. Design & Consulting

My 68`Rebuild "HAVOC": http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316300
A 58' chev build thread: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=311238
1969 Camaro Pro Touring http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...61#post3513361
Swiss Cheese: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=384390
Adjustable Trailing Arm How-To: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=321100
1968 Ford Farm Truck: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6555587
nuke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #33
semperfidoordie
Fix It Till It's Broke

thanks nuke I was looking at your build too and must say she's a fine looking rig. Also congrats on your daughter and I love the name you picked out
The Tank 77 K-10 KIA

Old 10-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #34
Hilandr451

Tony, Nice truck!!!

I have a '66 Custom Camper I'm restoring. I also have a '60-66 Chevy truck information web site and I'm adding a page for Custom Campers of any year. I have almost no pictures of the '69 - '72 year models with this option.

I was wondering if you might post some nice close-ups of the emblem like you have on your avatar? With your permission I'd like to use them on my site to show the evolution of the emblem.
Highlander's web site: www.6066ChevyTrucks.com
Hilandr451 is offline   Reply With Quote