The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2005, 07:22 PM   #51
shifty
Questionable

There is no way that's more than $3,000 in body work. In fact, I would be hard pressed to say it's more than $2,000. I can't see it in its entirety, but it looks like only the rear quarter is damaged. If it can't be pulled back out again, the shop will probably replace it with another piece.

I think you're still in the clear.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:31 PM   #52
CHEVY & GMC FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVY & GMC FOREVER
Well I would threaten them with a lawyer just to get a rise out of them and see what happens and if they chose to continue on there path of stuborness then just get a lawyer to take care of everthing and get your insurence company involved maybe they can make some headway with them to..... best of luck with your burb

Just my two cents.....

1969 CHEVROLET CST-10 PICK-UP
Good memories

1999 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. cab 5.7L
Good Memories

With a quart of oil, and a gallon of gas, she won't let no other car pass!!!.

& FOREVER
CHEVY & GMC FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #53
TheRedRooster

cojnit,
1. It seems to me that your Lug nuts where over tightened. Lug nuts just dont fall off all at the same time due to old age.
2. this has happened to alot of people, enough that you have no reason to not belive that they over tightened your Lug nuts.
3. These bastards owe you big time.

I live just a few miles away from you in Inglewood. I have PM,d you my info.
If you have not given in to them already I probably have a way to help.
TheRedRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:53 AM   #54
rusted75 half ton
More trusty Less rusty

Man that sucks!!!I had taken my truck to midas for an exhaust system only thing I didn't do on it myself.I'LL NEVER make that mistake again also should've checked it out afterwards.Long story but ended up having to repair stuff myself still have things to work on and found I was charged for new stuff that wasn't on there luckily it didn't cost me too much.From now on I'll do everything outside a tranny rebuild myself.It seems I can do a better job than these trained "proffesionals" . Sorry for the rant it still upsets me.Take midas to task and goodluck with your truck
rusted75 half ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #55
deth_1970

In looking at the pics, shearin ALL lugs off at the same time, does indicate, over stress, ie over tightening, and none of the brake assembly was touched, in my opinon,
I would not ***** foot around with them, I would get a lawyer asap, nail thier asses to the wall, I have worked in a shop that did business like that, it left a bad taste in my mouth,
it is shops like that, that give honest mechanics a bad name, I used to work from home for many years, charging less then the big shops, and i couldve worked 24/7 with all the ppl I had coming to my house, for me to work on thier cars, I stood behind my work,
it seems big corporations seem to want you to bring your car to them and for you to pay them,, but when they are at fault for shoddy work, they dont want to stand behind it,
with them accepting they didnt do the work you originally paid for, to also says they do not have good ethics, which also would say to a judge that they are quite possibly at fault for the damage to your truck,
and they did accept your money for work that was not performed, and I do know californai has some stiff laws on vehicle repair, and reapir shops, last I heard they are required to show, and offer to you any and all parts replaced
i could be wrong, it has been many years since I lived in calif,
BUT I WOULD GET A LAWYER, thatwas your truck, it was your money they took for repairs not done, it was your truck that was damaged,
ok I'll get off my soapbox now
02 Gmc sierra
deth_1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:37 AM   #56
4x4Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojnit
I checked into small claims here in CA but they lmiit you to $5,000. anyone think this would cost more than that to fix?....
This statement alone proves you need a lawyer's counsel. One would tell you for free whether your case is, indeed, a small claims matter. Remember, Midas appears (at least, from the pic & your side) to have committed fraud. No way five 1/2" lug nuts just break off going straight down the boulevard at city speeds in an unloaded burb.

I would yank that truck from Midas's control while talking to a lawyer. Just a phone call from you to Midas stopping all work would be enough to make them wait till you seek counsel, all unbeknownst to Midas, of course. Besides, having the "perpetrators" redo the work may be
Old 03-13-2005, 11:53 AM   #57
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Hope ya get her fixed but my wife who works for a lawer says get one.

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote