The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-15-2002, 07:35 PM   #26
barn9
Half a bubble off!

There will be parts vendors both in the Agri-business building and spread around outside, most of the bigger dealers will be in the lot right in front of the building.

Jon, not sure where we will park, it's kind of a free-for-all Sat. morning, first-come-best-spot type of deal. In order for those of us that enter to park together, the best chance will probably be to meet somewhere else, and then go to the show together. We can work on that as time draws near.

Zurbo, hope you and some of the others from the Wichita area can make it. Bring your lawn chair and join us for a good time, 'cause I'm pretty sure we'll have one.

Cya all, LB.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:26 AM   #27
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

About how late in the evening does the show/event go on Saturday?
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 02:08 PM   #28
Tracy Focht

11pm, then the track stay's open late....
Tracy Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:33 PM   #29
Drecarious

Events

Should be a fun time.... Flamethrower contest is Sat. night too..

Keep me informed.... I'll be there.... hopefully with new exhaust
K&N filter, Flowmater 40's
Drecarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 03:21 PM   #30
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Hey Troy, did you get one of those guys I told you about to get your exhaust system on for you? Just curious, and I also want to hear how it sounds.

For any of you guys that would like to caravan from Winfield down to Ark City that Sat. morning, let me know. My sister and her husband are bringing 2 vehicles down from Wichita to enter, and they usually just come by my house early Sat. and we caravan down so we can park together. If there is a group, we might even make a breakfast stop if eveyone wants to, gotta have some good nourishment for all that fun we're gonna have that day!!!

So far, it sounds like 8 or 9 board members are planning on being there, but it would be great if we could add a few more. You Wichita guys that have never been to the Ark City show will be pleasantly surprised by all the vehicles there. A lot of people bring their toys from Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and other southern locales, and they have some very nice toys too!
Old 09-19-2002, 06:56 PM   #31
Drecarious

Cool

Oh Yeah.....

I got it hung today... just got home.....

Sounds GREAT.. I'll have it in Winfield tomorrow night.....

If you wanna hear it let me know when you'll be around and I'll come and find you.....

Keep me informed...

Troy
Old 09-19-2002, 08:43 PM   #32
Drecarious

Barn9...

I was there at 8 am last year and pickin's for parkin' were getting slim(not for one truck... but it would have been for 9-10 trucks)...

I have no problemwith arriving around 6-7 to secure parking for everyone in one place....

Just let me know where we want and how many trucks.... I'll have the spots saved and empty when you guys arrive...

I wouldn't plan on gettin to the park any later than 8:30...

also... there are club awards but you need everyone to put the same clubname on their entry... and if so... what are we putting?

Thanks... See y'all next weekend
Old 09-20-2002, 12:17 AM   #33
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Don't think all the guys are bringing their trucks, so we probably don't need to worry about saving a bunch of places. I will want to park next to or close to sis and her hubby, we don't get a chance to get together for fun very often. Might have a friend and his Corvette with us also. My guess is we will try and be there by 8:00 AM, and we like to find a spot with some shade and fairly close to the main building. We'll work on this as we get closer to the day, and get more of an idea how many are actually gonna make it. Hope we can get Tracy's schedule and maybe get him into this deal, he might even appreciate someone watching over his truck while he's working the Kicker booth.

By the way, if anyone has a shade canopy they can bring, it could be handy if we don't get a good shade area. And don't forget the lawn chairs, and that all-important luxury item.......................
BUD LIGHT!
Old 09-20-2002, 09:27 AM   #34
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Barn9, what do you think is the best route from Rose Hill. Computer says to go to Douglas then take 77. Says its 1 hr, 37 minutes. That doesn't sound right, it's only like 47 miles.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:38 AM   #35
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Hwy 77 takes you right to Ark City, which is 13 miles south of Winfield, about 15 minutes driving timel
Do you know your schedule for that Sat. yet? Do you want to go early with us, or are you coming later? Don't forget your camera, 'cause I KNOW you are going to be very pleasantly surprised by all the cool hotrods, trucks, etc. I can't wait to see the grin on your face when you see how many beautiful rides show up for this show.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:23 PM   #36
Zurbo

Guys,

Ill be bringing the truck of course but not sure about registering since I really have no plans of showing it since it is not show material.

Some pictures of the truck are Here (click on the pictures button)

Sounds like you are gathering up in the morning so I'll be there as soon as I can.
Old 09-20-2002, 03:13 PM   #37
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

Zurbo: I drive past your truck every day. Now I'll have to stop and say hi. I will be in the show at Sedgwick Saturday, I have a dark red 69 C-10.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 03:29 PM   #38
blazer boy

ttt
blazer boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 07:04 PM   #39
Zurbo

Hello there Fred.

Feel free to stop by and say hi sometime.
I know I've seen you go by form time to time.

If the truck is in the north side of the driveway, odds are I'm home.
Old 09-22-2002, 05:52 PM   #40
Drecarious

Yukon... from Rose Hill, I'd just come down to K-15 and take it over to 77 and into Winfield... it's the way I usually go from Ark City to Wichita...
Old 09-23-2002, 11:15 AM   #41
Tracy Focht

Quote:
Originally posted by barn9
Hope we can get Tracy's schedule and maybe get him into this deal, he might even appreciate someone watching over his truck while he's working the Kicker booth.

Mine will be right by the booth..we have like 6-8 trucks that will be together...a couple from Winfield, KS...they guys that own/work at TDS Frame, Paint and Body...mine, a Pro street '54 (in pic) a Cobra, and the Kicker demo truck...but I will come find you all!

Sounds like fun!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2002, 11:34 AM   #42
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Tracy, is that Tom P. from TDS? I met him a while back, nice guy. Either him or someone that works there has a newer dually that is slammed, good lookin' truck.

Other notes about the show: As of now, sounds like anyone interested in joining the caravan from Winfield should be at my house at 7:00 AM Sat. morning. PM me if interested.
Ironhorse cannot make it Sat., but we'll keep our fingers crossed that he can make is Sunday. Nu2-72 might stop by on his way back from AZ if the timing works out for him.

Hope to see some of you others show up, it's gonna be a great show! Talked to the secretary for Tumbleweeds this morning, she said there are a lot of pre-entries, and they think there will be a good turnout the way is sounds. A whole lot of very cool machinery!
Old 09-24-2002, 11:41 AM   #43
Tracy Focht

Quote:
Tracy, is that Tom P. from TDS? I met him a while back, nice guy. Either him or someone that works there has a newer dually that is slammed, good lookin' truck.

Yep...that's Tom I am talking about, and that's his red slammed dually..him and Richard Beemer (black and grey slammed '97 X-cab)are coming as well...both have complete Kicker sound systems...very nice work indeed. They are the guys I'm gonna have paint my truck....they do awesome work!
Old 09-24-2002, 04:03 PM   #44
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Cool! I know Richard, didn't know he was working out there with Tom. Richard used to be heavy into 67-72's, but I haven't seen or talked to him in a while. They both do nice work, I agree.
Old 09-24-2002, 04:09 PM   #45
Tracy Focht

Quote:
Cool! I know Richard, didn't know he was working out there with Tom. Richard used to be heavy into 67-72's, but I haven't seen or talked to him in a while. They both do nice work, I agree.
Yea, Richard still has the shortwide in back with the BBC....needs finished... But there!
Old 09-24-2002, 08:34 PM   #46
68gmcjon
Got earplugs?

I can't make it after all!!

My dad and i are going to Springfield, Mo leaving Sat. morning.
Really sucks i've been lookin foward to this for a while. But next year i can drive dwon their by myself!!
396 bored to 402, Dynomax cerama-coat headers, Super 40 Flowmasters, 272/284 Crane cam, Crane gold roller rockers, holley 750 cfm double pumper, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, HEI ignition, 9.5:compression
Alltogether 411HP and 446ft/lbs

Dana 60 w/ 3.54 gears
Turbo 400 tranny

Why would you have anything other than a big block? HAHA
68gmcjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 10:49 PM   #47
Rowdy

Unhappy doggonit

doggonit I forgot all about the Ark City show... I really wanted to go this year, my son and his friends went last year and Loved it...
But I'm painting a guy's 72 SWB that weekend, hopefully to have it ready for Fredonia's homecoming car show on Oct 5th. if I'd done it sooner I could have taken down to Ark City..

Roger.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:48 AM   #48
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Come down Sat. and paint Sun., it'll be worth it. I can't place where New Albany is, but I know I've been close, I remember the name. I used to work for Cleaver's out of Chanute, but didn't get up that way very often, he has 2 stores over here, that's how I worked for him.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:33 AM   #49
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

"joining the caravan from Winfield should be at my house at 7:00 AM Sat. morning"

You gonna have the flatcakes cooking? You aren't really gonna make me get up that early on a Saturday morning are you! I'll have to hit the road by, what, 6:00 a.m.

Haven't heard from Blazerboy this week but I think he is still planning on making the show on Saturday. I wonder if he will be bring his Sonic girl

I get a PM to you later about directions to your house and to confirm whether I will meet you there or at the show. Sleep, who needs sleep, right?
Old 09-25-2002, 10:43 AM   #50
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Yukon, you're more than welcome to join us, we are going that early because we are pre-entered, and good parking for event vehichles is hard to come by. One of the civic clubs serves breakfast in the main building for a nominal fee, so that is what we're doing for breakfast. You wouldn't wanna eat my cookin' anyway, he-hee! There are usually several food vendors there with a good variety for lunch and snacks also, so food is never a problem. Let me know, my house is easy to find, and it's only 3 blocks off the route to A.C. Ironhorse can't make it Sat., but maybe on Sun., and I got a PM from Zurbo saying he is coming down sometime Sat. Jason better be there, after all, we know where he lives, he-hee!