The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > LSx Classifieds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2014, 04:21 AM   #1
jackyl9999

Re: DBW pedal mounting bracket

Hart rod,
Do you happen to have a link to the info for repinning the DBW plug so I can use the vette pedal?

I am about ready to dive into this part of the project. I have looked on here and Ls1tech and was not able to find anything.

1990 K1500 Daily

jackyl9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Ben View Post
Hey Hart Rod,
Was busy and didn't get a chance to take a pic of my 86' and now im out of town. I hope these work for the square body trucks!! Looking forward to your findings!
I think they will but I just got back from a week long mission trip to Haiti, so I haven't had time to dig more into it. Hopefully this week or next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyl9999 View Post
Hart rod,
Do you happen to have a link to the info for repinning the DBW plug so I can use the vette pedal?

I am about ready to dive into this part of the project. I have looked on here and Ls1tech and was not able to find anything.
I will try to get some pictures taken today or tomorrow to show the difference. Bump this to the top if I haven't by tomorrow evening.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
jackyl9999

Bump

1990 K1500 Daily

jackyl9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyl9999 View Post
Bump
Sorry for the late response. Still recovering from my trip to Haiti, . Here's the pictures. You'll need to get a plug to use with the Corvette pedal (flat) and then pin it as shown in the pictures.

EDIT: Link to pedal plug http://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-p...l-pigtail.html
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 07-29-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #5
G10

Just picked a corvette pedal today from a parts yard for $40! But I know there should be other parts to it. What else should I have picked up? And I want to purchase one of the flat brackets from you as well Hart Rod! As soon as I get your reply I’ll send it PayPal!
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #6
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
Just picked a corvette pedal today from a parts yard for $40! But I know there should be other parts to it. What else should I have picked up? And I want to purchase one of the flat brackets from you as well Hart Rod! As soon as I get your reply I’ll send it PayPal!
What year of vette? Any pictures of the back of the pedal? What motor are you using it on?

This is a 2004+ Corvette pedal
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 08-06-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:41 PM   #7
G10

This one is a 1997-2004 model Gen III LS1 Vette pedal. I’ll be using it on a Gen III 6.0L LQ9 engine going into my 70’ C10.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2018, 10:49 PM   #8
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
This one is a 1997-2004 model Gen III LS1 Vette pedal. I’ll be using it on a Gen III 6.0L LQ9 engine going into my 70’ C10.
Interesting. I've not seen anyone use that pedal before. Bracket is $50 shipped. LMK.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:00 PM   #9
G10

Found out that I’ll have to go back to get the tac module and a harness that goes from the pedal to the module.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:19 PM   #10
Accelo

I was under the impression the big impediment to using the Corvette pedal was you needed the Corvette TAC module to make it work. These are out of stock from GM and with only used ones available the price is about $400 each. This only applies to the Red and Blue connected computer. Later computers have the DBW built in. Maybe I am incorrect here. If someone has this setup working let me know. I went with a manual TB just to avoid this TAC pricing issue.

The down side of using a DBC is more complicated to get cruise control working than with a DBW setup.
Rick
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:51 PM   #11
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
I was under the impression the big impediment to using the Corvette pedal was you needed the Corvette TAC module to make it work. These are out of stock from GM and with only used ones available the price is about $400 each. This only applies to the Red and Blue connected computer. Later computers have the DBW built in. Maybe I am incorrect here. If someone has this setup working let me know. I went with a manual TB just to avoid this TAC pricing issue.

The down side of using a DBC is more complicated to get cruise control working than with a DBW setup.
Rick
You have to be very careful with the pedals, you can't interchange them freely. The pedal "should" match the throttle body. With that being said, the 2005+ corvette pedal work with the GenIV Gold throttle bodies. GEN IV motors don't have separate TAC modules, it's built into the ECM. What year of motor do you have and what did it come out of?

EDIT: I found one on this site for $90: https://www.corvettemods.com/C6-Corv...iABEgKhofD_BwE