The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
rs74

Project Snowball- Slow build

And no this isn't a white truck. It has just turned into way more than I wanted to do to get it back on the road. I have had my 85 for about 14 years and has sat the last 8 years or so. I got it out and decided to just redo all the brakes, redo the heads, reseal engine and trans and put rockers on, then paint. Lower it and put on some WV 037 vetter rallies. Now the more I look the more it needs. I am talking to the guy who does my body and paint work now.

It's starting to look like I am going to get down to the frame and have it blasted and put some SEM (kind of like POR) on it first. Then inner and outer rockers, possibly floor pan work but will have to wait and see how bad it is after I have the bottom of cab blasted. It will get the SEM also. I have a place behind the drivers side bed wheel well that has to be replaced too. Atleast one cab corner and not sure about the other yet. The drivers side lower rear of door is starting to rust. I have extra doors and also have new GM doors and fender still in the box if need be. I have had them for 15-16 years.

I am getting pricing to get all this done and for now the drop and rims are on the back burner. The last thing that I have in mind if either a LS or Vortec 6.0L but that is down the road after all the above is finished. Isn't this how it usually goes. I will just do this and it turns into a snowball effect. Just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Here are a few before photos after pulling it out of one side of the shed and over into the other side. In the middle of brakes now. Nothing fancy. Pictures of the rust repair on the bed and in the door jams as well. This is not going to be a full blown build, just trying to get it back on the road and presentable. I want it to be my DD from now on. I am tired of driving the new stuff and selling off the new and rebuilding the old.
Attached Images

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote