The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Lost R/L/HAZ/BRK/REV Lights

This is with my '95 K2500 Suburban Cheyenne. First I noticed the turn signals were not flashing, nothing. I check the 4-ways, nope. I backed up in the dark and noticed no reverse lights or brake lights. All running lights work as well as headlights. I replaced the flasher relay, no change. I guess I have a ground issue but wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I don't get how the backup lights fit in. I'd suspect a grounding or wire issue toward the rear just from experience with aging vehicles, rust, mud hanging, snagging... But my hunch is it is up front closer to controls. I really don't know and electrical is my weakest area.

Fuses all look good. Not much there, only 5 lower amp with none marked for lights, other than the 30a maxi. No brake light relay and no blades for fuse in spot marked HAZ/BRK. I can get a picture of the fuses and chart in cover and post this evening. I need to get this fixed this weekend!

My wipers have been acting up, for a while. They'll go to low off intermittent or might not turn off right away. I figure I need the wiper module. But could an issue in the stick have some effect on my signal/brake lights?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #2
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Lost R/L/HAZ/BRK/REV Lights

You may find an answer in one of these videos.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...mp=yhs-default

I don't think it's a ground issue because some of the lights should still work. I would check the harness underneath in the frame where it is exposed, for broken or rotted wires. This could be a case of one or the other lights working also, but if there is a break in enough of the wires it would cause the problem. The backup lights are completely separate so that would point to a broken wire as well. They could also be a coincidental problem.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY. VV

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:25 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: Lost R/L/HAZ/BRK/REV Lights

Thanks VV for that response. It does seem likely with them failing at once it could be a break. I would suspect the lamp circuit boards but way to coincidental for both to losse exact same lights and not lose the exact same

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote