The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2020, 10:33 AM   #1
old51sedan

Big red wire

Currently getting ready to wire up motor (292) which shouldn't be to much of a problem, but notice on the passenger side the harness has two wires going to the solenoid, but noticed a big red wire that has been cut off right about where the harness drops down along top of firewall. It was like this when I bought the truck and never noticed it before. Question, it must have been important or GM wouldn't have put it in. I'm also installing vintage Air and a 6 cyc factory tack, is this going to be a problem with out this wire. I also have a pertonix ignition in the truck. I'm sure I need to buy a harness to connect tack, correct? Thanks, Donn
Attached Images

old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
dmjlambert

Re: Big red wire

Perhaps you can take a closer picture of the cut off wire so we can see what you mean. I suggest trace the wire back to where it came from. Perhaps it is going into the connector on the firewall and you can see which position it is connected to, and that will give us more information.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote