The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-02-2020, 08:56 PM   #1
gigamanx

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
Thanks... unfortunately things didn't go well with it today.

It's pretty bad... the C-pillar was hit hard enough that it's warped the body from the b-pillar back. The paint is cracked on the roof rail above the B-pillar and the passenger door is scraping the latch when opening/closing it now. The hatch isn't latching correctly either. You can see just how bad the roof is warped by the gap at the front of the quarter window. I have full coverage on it but I'm sure repairs would cost more than its worth, so it'll probably be totaled. And negotiating a reasonable value on the car with the insurance company probably won't be fun either, NADA range is 500 for low retail to $1225 high retail, KBB is $1038 to $2115... neither are realistic. It still drives fine, but I'll have to take it to a shop with a frame machine and hopefully they can get it back in shape.

That's awful to see man. Here I am ready through your thread seeing all the work and enjoyment only for murphy to go drop a tree right where you parked. Junk it maybe? Keep the seats and tires for the next ride

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:46 PM   #2
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
That's awful to see man. Here I am ready through your thread seeing all the work and enjoyment only for murphy to go drop a tree right where you parked. Junk it maybe? Keep the seats and tires for the next ride
It sucks, but at least its fixable. I'll push the roof rail back in place and repaint it.

I bought another turbo Capri over the weekend for a drivetrain donor. Got it for $250 and it the owner said it was running six months ago. Doesn't seem to be getting fuel so it should be a simple fix to make it run again.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote