The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Question Ram air hood ..thoughts/ideas ????

Ok summer is here I'm getting ready for the caddy swap and had a thought on keeping cool air to the carb and engine bay..so heres goes any input or thoughts are more than welcome....as you know it will be different......

If you look where your emblem is on the hood theres nothing behind it?? I was thinking of cutting a section out there (maybe the shape of the bow tie) and boxing it so that it went back over the air cleaner (you know the open kind you see) with a cut out so when the hood was closed it would fit over the air cleaner.( like the Chevelles had) ..to get fancy you could put a flap in it operated by one of the Vacum motors off one of the vents and hook it to the carb for that true ram air.....or just let it breath

I figured that this would keep the hood top looking stock and since its on the flat front it would get the best ram air effect

Food for thought since my hood needs work there anyway...

this would be very Kool if I had the 67 style hood and the flap opened upward then layed back flat..you could even leave your bow tie on!!!

Last edited by Hottrucks; 05-28-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote