The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2023, 08:25 PM   #1
BanjoDude

Anyone have a lead on a cool project?

Hi everyone! I've been around here for a year or so since I tracked down and brought home my grandpa's old '69 C-20. You guys have been awesome, and hoping it's okay to ask for your help in finding the next project for my son and I to complete and add to our little collection. This is a little off topic, so I'm hoping it's okay to post it here. If not, feel free to remove it.

My oldest son Rowan and I have been working on a full nut-and-bolt restoration of a 1973 Triumph GT-6 over the last 3+ years and are nearing completion. When we finish it in the next month or so, all 9,300 pieces of this fantastic little British machine will have been removed, cataloged, restored, remade, electroplated, powder-coated, or as last resort, replaced.
I love this car most of all because of the wonderful experiences Rowan and I had together as we brought it back from the dead, but also because of its story. This is where you come in!

I found this little car buried in the back of a barn. It had been there 16 years. Someone owned it who had an emotional connection to it - and dreamed of a restoration - but didn't have the time and skill to make it happen. He'll be the first one to drive it when it's done, and I'll probably shed a tear watching it happen. And I'll have that memory to enjoy every time I get behind the wheel from now until it's time for me to pass the car down to one of my boys. What's more, I've developed a wonderful friendship with the prior owner as he watched it slowly but steadily come together through more than 1,100 pictures in a shared photo album.

Now that the end is in sight for this project, I need your help finding the next one. Do you know of a car that's been sitting for a long time in a barn, neglected but not forgotten? Does it have a great story? I really don't care what it is as much as what it represents in terms of memories for someone. The better the story, the greater my interest. A cool car with an amazing story would be the holy grail.

My goal would be to restore it to its former glory so I can put the original owner in it again for the first drive. A half-done restoration still in a million pieces, a time capsule that was parked for 20 years, a one-owner car that's been well cared for but needs a lot of love....I'll consider them all. I'd drive coast to coast to pick up the right project.

If you know of someone who would love to have another drive in their favorite car, send them my way. We've got the '69 C-20 and just finished this little Triumph. Perhaps a convertible of some sort with a really great back story? Worst case is I can't help, but they get to tell the story behind their car, and I get to hear it - a pretty great deal regardless.

I attached a pic of the C-20 and also a couple of the Triumph. Here's a link to more info on Facebook in case you're interested in seeing a few more before and after pics:

https://www.facebook.com/wgipe/posts...TNsjZkh63QDd4l

Thanks for the consideration! -Wes
Attached Images

"For just a little more, you can do it yourself!"

Last edited by BanjoDude; 12-10-2023 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Edited to add pics that didn't upload.
BanjoDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:32 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Anyone have a lead on a cool project?

-
There is an "Alternate Tinkerings" forum on here that has quite a few different projects going on.

There is also a "Misc. For Sale" Forum that you might post in.

Maybe some of the members on here have seen something on Facebook or somewhere that would interest you. We don't have a forum that would specifically cover that but you never know what you might run into on here....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 01:34 AM   #3
LT7A

That's a very cool plan, and I am inspired by your enthusiasm. if you feel like putting some info about the triumph over in alternate tinkerings, I'll definitely go check it out. if you do, put a note here.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 10:02 PM   #4
BanjoDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
That's a very cool plan, and I am inspired by your enthusiasm. if you feel like putting some info about the triumph over in alternate tinkerings, I'll definitely go check it out. if you do, put a note here.
I sent you a private message with some info on the Triumph project. It has been a great time with my son!

"For just a little more, you can do it yourself!"
BanjoDude is offline   Reply With Quote