The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
Nolowrider

Thumbs down UPS (again)

I am telling you, brown frickin hates me. My new cam/lifters and flexplate is lost. For some reason my package went to Jax, Fl. then to Gainesville, Fl. back to Jax, then back to Gainesville, Fl. and now is back in Jax. I LIVE IN NEW ORLEANS, for God sake. WTF? How in the hell did my sh*t end up in Florida. Now, they don't know where it is. This is not the first time with UPS, the last incident was a new set of KB pistons that went missing. I found them sitting on the floor at my local UPS center with coffee stains and footprints all over the box.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=179740
Nolowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: UPS (again)

Tell me about it. They lost all of the bushings and brackets to my sway bar kit and won't pay for them They have also misshipped (wrong address on TWO of my orders) and completely lost another.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
Nolowrider

****UPDATE****

My package finally left Jax, Fl and arrived here in New Orleans today. But, it just left New Orleans and now is in Jackson, MS. WTF, WTF, WTF.. As you can tell now I am starting to get mad.

Last edited by Nolowrider; 04-17-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:23 PM   #4
79Silv4x4
Workaholic

In my experience, FedEx is clearly the better carrier but I'm sure a lot of this depends on the area you are in.
79Silv4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
79Silv4x4
Workaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolowrider
Fed-Ex from now onfor me.
As a side note, why did you use them again?
Old 04-18-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
wibilly

yea they broke my new cam in half, i would think they would have to work at that!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #7
Justins76
OutOfMyMind & I'llNeverKnowWhy

Fedex ground and home is always sending my stuff to the wrong states. There all terrible. USPS is alot better for me.
1992 Pontiac Firebird T-Top 5.0L TBI 700R4
My cardomain page

I don't like to save, it's more fun to spend!!
Justins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:46 AM   #8
Nolowrider

I didn't use them, Summit did. Everytime I order something from them and I see that they used UPS I want to cry. I love Summit, they are great and it is not their fault.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:47 PM   #9
Putter
More Cowbell....

Quote:
****UPDATE****

My package finally left Jax, Fl and arrived here in New Orleans today. But, it just left New Orleans and now is in Jackson, MS. WTF, WTF, WTF.. As you can tell now I am starting to get mad.
Quick, gimme the tracking number....I will go get it. I live about 3 miles from the HUB. Then you can come to the cookout and pick up your box!!!

Last edited by Putter; 04-18-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:55 PM   #10
chevythunder33

Yep me to i bought a set of nos rockerpanels i live in louisiana they ended up in west virginia go figure and they were shipped from texas
chevythunder33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #11
chevyboy55

Man, the airlines don't even screw up with your luggage that bad!
chevyboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #12
79Silv4x4
Workaholic

Quote:
I didn't use them, Summit did. Everytime I order something from them and I see that they used UPS I want to cry. I love Summit, they are great and it is not their fault.

They use UPS by default--you can get FedEx 2 day or overnight if you request it. As another side note, I hate Summit's 'free shipping' claim since they charge a 'handling' fee. What a crock.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #13
rodnok1

I have found that most shipping problems are related to labels, meaning wrong info, label printed out wrong, etc... I would call Summit and let them know of the problem and contact UPS about it also.
As for things being lost out of boxes, it's because the shipper used crappy shipping materials. I've received computer monitors that weighed 80 lbs in crappy boxes rated at 45 lbs. Broken all the heck, Brown didn't pay(not their fault), the shipper had to send me all new monitors for free because of their idiots in shipping.
I don't like handling charges from Summit but Jegs charges even more....Most of the time I order enough parts that the shipping would be way more than their handling fee.
I hate to rub it in, but I've had very little problems with any shippers no matter who they were. Brown, Fedex, DHL, or truck freight.

64 Panel 1/2 Ton
350cubes/400hp
BorgWarner t-10
3:73 Auburn Posi
rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:20 PM   #14
Nolowrider

Package just made it here. Box is all tore up, but everything seems to be fine. Lable was fine. I will def look into selecting Fed-Ex next time. I didn't know it was an option who shipped it. Thanks for the info.
I don't have a problem with Summit, in fact I really like them. Great customer service, return policy, ect. The handleing fee is not too bad, usually $9.00.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #15
shifty
Questionable

they just screwed me two weeks ago also.

i just finished fixing and souping up a computer for a board member free of charge - was running better than ever, shipped it back UPS, it was well packed, it arrived there and the package had apparently been thrown at some point, the heatsink broke off, rattled around inside the case and who knows what it destroyed. i paid for $400 insurance and i've been waiting 2 weeks now for them to settle the claim. Talk about BS!

they won't be getting my business anymore. i've been shipping through the UPS Store across the street for over a year now, religiously, even helped them fix their computer a few weeks back. the guy and lady said they would put Fragile stickers on it and never did. then when i confronted them about how this could have been avoided, this was their response:

That's not our responsibility! Besides, the driver is not required to pay attention to any sticker or writing you leave on the box!

omgwtf BS!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #16
shifty
Questionable

PS - you're not the only one who gets screwed. The past 3 times I've orderd 2nd day packages using UPS, they never get here on time and I usually order on Wednesday so it will get here Friday. I've heard every excuse under the sun, "put on wrong truck for delivery", "delay at airport", etc. I make them refund me every time since they always refuse to do Saturday delivery...but it kills me, because I usually need that part for the weekend and don't get it till monday!

To make matters worse, every time I ship or receive UPS or FedEx Ground, literally 1 out of 5 packages has damaged merchandise caused during shipping.

My latest fiasco is with DHL (Airborne Express) destroying a head for my '92 Civic that was packed - not the best, but should have been sufficient - and trying to file claim with them.

Is there no good shipper left? You gotta ship air these days to get a package somewhere undamaged.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #17
Sillyoldman

Ahh crud Shifty! My company too? Only thing I can say is "sorry" on behalf of DHL. Stuff happens, but why is everyone picking on you?

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #18
shifty
Questionable

it's not DHL's fault. This guy packed the package like a jackass. here are some pictures: http://satellitehead.com/d16head

look at pictures 12-16 or something. it's in that area. he packed a 60lb or more head in with nothing more than paper shreds and cardboard rolls:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=197627

eBay member name was jao60 and he's from Jersey. don't do business with this guy! he's still actively trying to rip me off! bastard

so long story short, the head rattled around and slammed into the cam gear, taking a lobe off the cam and who knows what else.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #19
79Silv4x4
Workaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
Is there no good shipper left? You gotta ship air these days to get a package somewhere undamaged.
I have the best luck with FedEx Express--either next day or two day service. FedEx Ground is the old RPS and they are nothing like the Express division. . .
Old 05-04-2006, 02:53 AM   #20
blaserman

Had a problem with UPS this past week. Got a alternator for my car from Advance Auto Wharehouse because it was $60. cheaper. Found it on my front pourch. Box was busted up and when I opened it most of the alternator came out in pieces. Still waiting for someone to show up for the damage claim.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #21
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79Silv4x4
I have the best luck with FedEx Express--either next day or two day service. FedEx Ground is the old RPS and they are nothing like the Express division. . .
i have been reading up on this one since having so many problems lately. less people ship air frieght, AND there are *much* less load/unload stops with air, so you have the best possible chance of getting an undamaged package if you ship anything that will go by plane.