The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #26
bbluma

Re: Twin Turbo '66

Another few weeks have gone by, and we got some more on the truck done. Starting to make good progress on the cage and getting it dialed in. We got the last bar up top in to connect the Halo and keep it stiff if it ever does in up on its lid.

We also got the seat mocked up, and located where we want it to be so we can get the back bar bent and in. As well as building the mounts for the back of the seat to this bar. I also made some templates and figured out which Holley Dash i am going to run. With Holley's new Terminator X Max kit, i will run the small screen it comes with along with their new 6.86" Pro Dash. Should make it look super nice, and still see everything i need to.
Attached Images

bbluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:15 PM   #27
bbluma

Another big milestone in the build (at least we think so), was getting the holes in the cab blown through and getting the bars roughed in for the back. Got it all notched and held in place for now. We are going to weld some of the other bars before we get these welded in, but we wanted to see it so we got it clamped together to hold for now. From these bars we will build a mount for the rear radiator setup, as well as the bars for some rear shocks going straight up and down to help out. It'll all get covered with a custom tonneau cover and still be functional behind the bars to the tailgate. Hopefully lots more to update in coming weeks, and hope to get alot done over Thanksgiving Break!
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2019, 05:37 PM   #28
regan wilson

Nice work.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:16 AM   #29
Overdriven

Cool truck and nice work so far.

On page 1 you have a post mentioning draining the E85 out because it’s not available during winter months. Not sure if you’re aware but the Holley has the ability to run a Flex Fuel content sensor that tells the ecu the ethanol content of the fuel. It doesn’t matter if you have a tank full of e85 or have it diluted down to 20% ethanol content the ecu will adjust the fuel trims for it. This is separate from the “self tuning” the ecu may do to maintain a target afr. Either way no draining of the tank or adjusting the tune for ethanol content is required when using a flex fuel sensor.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #30
88Stanger

damn fine job so far!
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #31
bbluma

More Photo dumb time.......im terrible with updating this as things happen, usually after awhile i remember and then update a bunch of things with pictures at once lol.

Anyway, Lot more work done on the cage in recent weeks. Got alot of the bars in and finalized as well as alot of it all welded together. Its all starting together slowly and surely!
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2020, 02:26 PM   #32
bbluma

The front bars through the firewall and attached to the frame are in as well. They follow the inner fenders perfectly, and although i don't have a fiberglass front end or anything we will still have the ability to pull/put on the front end all together as one clip. As well as this will give us a decent place to mount turbos and stuff off of. From here all we have is alot more welding to do, and one final bar to put in (dash bar) and the cage will be complete.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #33
bbluma

We also got the fittings finalized for the front water manifold. With using the stock alt/power steering pump bracket i had to get an aftermarket tensioner for the serpentine belt. The thick aluminum puck is just the spacer to get it out to the stock truck spacing, and we were able to chuck it up in the lathe and get the middle taken out for the fitting to fit inside it. This allowed the bottom fitting to fit tight, and all look clean. The -16AN fittings are quite large and made it sort of difficult, but am glad we were able to get this figured out and make it look so clean.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #34
bbluma

Another 417 Motorsports post.....

We needed a tank built for our rear radiator set up so we picked a spot in the bed and measured it out. I then modeled it up in Solidworks and sent them the drawing so that they could make it to my specs. They did an amazing job on it and it looks fantastic! Im almost a touch sad that it would be covered up with a tonneau cover.

The tank will be mounted with cap flush with the bed top, with the fitting on the bottom will fit/mount the EWP 150 external water pump. with fittings going to the motor, and then out of motor to radiator and from radiator back to this tank. Cant wait til we can start mocking all this stuff up once we get the rest of the cage welded up and can finally move on.
Attached Images