The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #1
seifer

Cheap DIY Electric Window Mod - Plus winder crank switch

Hey guys.
I was following this thread until I found out the hard way that it doesnt fit in our doors.... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=601167

The only way I can see it working is by installing the motor on the other side of the regulator where there is a large cavity in the door skin and it doesnt get in the way of anything as it sits below the vent window and is effectively in empty space.

So modifying the bracket in the previous thread (you actually really dont need to modify it that much as its in empty space. Ill post my bracket shape shortly.
I found the best place for the motor is sitting facing directly down but on the outside of the regulator.

Once you have your bracket (I cut mine out of 3mm plate, I recommend this thickness since its a floating plate and will need as much strength as possible, any thicker though and your going to have trouble with the cog sitting out far enough) you need to install your motor on it by cutting out a 32mm hole for the cog and welding a few lugs to hold the unit down (you cant use bolts on the inside two holes as they will get in the way of the regulator cog).
Theres no need to modify the regulator itself other than to take the spring off (although I actually dont think that this is necessary at all..). I also was attmpting to modify the existing crank handle shaft to operate the switches. This is getting in the way more than anything so I went back to the drawing board for a modification.

Oh and ignore the bat**** weld. I couldnt be assed removing the galv from my gap fillers/Brackets so it was a mess to weld with haha.

Last edited by seifer; 09-28-2017 at 11:23 PM.
seifer is offline   Reply With Quote