The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
67chevy1series

New truck in the family

Well another Chevy pickup made it's way to my house, I've been keeping in mind how all of us guys feel when we go to buy a original 67-72 or any c10's.... We always hope that we can find out the dealer ship and what day it drove off the lot and if it still has the window sticker and all that good stuff, so I've been keeping documentation on this truck so in the future I/anyone can look back and know about it.... Probably a stupid idea but I'm running with it. Enough talk here's the truck
Attached Images

67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:33 PM   #2
67chevy1series

Re: New truck in the family

Well I would like to do an airaid intake setup on the truck I heard this was a pretty good intake... What are your guy's thoughts on this intake setup? Next thing on the list is 40 series flowmaster.... It is the 5.3 Eco-tec with the variable valve timing/cylinder deactivation set up so I'm a little reluctant to do this just yet, since I thought about how the truck will sound in v4.... I'm thinking all around the new exhaust will be better for the horsepower and will sound nice but at the same time it will take some getting used to when we hear v4 kick in... I know overall it's my/my family's truck and it's out deduction in the end but I'm just looking for your guy's opinion's.

Figured you guys would like this picture, maybe... Maybe not.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2014, 03:26 AM   #3
67chevy1series

I see this side of the board is a tough crowd.. Well just thought if share the latest test..
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2014, 04:40 AM   #4
lha1992

Nice truck man! Good idea on the keeping documentation on it for the future later!
lha1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #5
62 Barnfind

Nice truck! I wasn't a silver fan until this new silver came out. It really looks sick with a set of black wheels on it. I didn't get it because I already made a deal on a Tungsten. I really like the 14s, they drive like a cadillac. I have been debating on doing the same as you, exhaust and intake. the only thing I have done is wheels, 2in rear drop and tint. I have been reading on another GM site that has a bunch of 14s talk on it. Magna flow is what most of the members are running. When I do it that is what i'm going with. Here is my truck.

My build tread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=507513
62 Barnfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
Root2812

I just got one on Monday too. 2014 Silverado 1500 Crew 4x4 with the 5.3 and the trailering package. I opted for the Forest Green Metallic paint which is awesome and the pics don't do it justice. I also got the Cocoa Dune interior instead of black. Which did you guys get? No mods yet but I want to get running boards (wife too short to get in easy) and a tonneau (keep stuff dry) just to make it functional for my family's needs.

As for v4 mode and exhaust, It only goes in to v4 mode when you are not giving it a lot of gas and its only while moving so I doubt you will hear much of any exhaust note change. I can't tell a difference with the stock exhaust.

Pics of mine.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:12 PM   #7
67chevy1series

Well besides doing the regular main tench lube,oil,filters, tire rotations the truck has been getting its own personal touches. We decided that the truck would be better off without the chin spoiler, now I know these lower valances are supposed to help keep wind to go above the truck and not under creating better aerodynamics and in return better fuel economy, and might even help to keep air flowing through the grille/radiator instead of some going beneath the truck, well I took the balance off and drove it around for a week to see any changes in fuel economy/engine temperature, and there's wasn't even any difference at all. So the valance never maid it's way back on the truck. IMO the balance below the bumper makes the front of the truck look really low and large, but then when you look at the height of the rocket panels at the bottom of the cab there far above the ground and it just looks out of place, not to mention with that panel hangin so low it's very easy to ram it into a parking block. The other thing we took off is the air deflector in front of the rear tire, just looks like more plastic thrown on the truck and again IMO the truck looks better without it, so off those went.now a couple weeks ago we got a 2014 single cab work truck I'm that had the entire frame twisted and the body shop put a brand new frame under it well the new frame comes with tow hooks already installed and the old tow hooks on the old frame were perfectly fine so I asked what they were going to do with them and they said "there going to get scraped with the rest of the frame" so they let me have them, there in perfectly good shape too. So since I work at a Chevy dealership I went to our parts guys and bought the correct panel with the holes for the tow hooks with my employee discount and now I'm just wait for that to come in and we'll have a factory tow hook option. Still need to take it to the exhaust shop and have a flow put on it as well as a new air intake/air cleaner set up, not going to run a oiled or wet filter as they destroy the MAF sensor in time but still want to change the set up. Also planning on dropping the rear down to make it level with the front what have you guys done to Achebe this without taking any leafs out or disturbing the pinion angle?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:19 AM   #8
stealth_weapons

i just picked up a new to me 07 Tahoe with the same active fuel cylinder shut off thing, there is a tuner available that eliminates that. that is all I know about it right now. I cant remember who made it, sorry, but I haven't read up on it yet.

so this post wasn't much help other than to tell you there is something out there to keep you in V8 mode. sweet trucks BTW

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438235
stealth_weapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #9
creep
Registered Loser

Nice trucks guys! I got my '14 the day after Xmas in 2013. Love it. I've added an Undercover Classic lid and a Bedrug liner. Probably won't do too much more to it though ( maybe remove the block between the axle and springs in the rear ) because I already have my '63 and soon I'll be getting a '50 Chevy 2 door sedan that has been in my mom's family since it was brand new and it needs a lot of work.

'63 GMC lwb, 383, th350, lays frame, genuine patina.
The Build Thread - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=374267
'88 Astro cargo bagged, shaved, phantom grille. *SOLD*
'50 Chevy 2 door sedan awaiting attention.
2014 Silverado Ext cab, 5.3, daily driver.
creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:14 PM   #10
creep
Registered Loser

From what I've read it sounds like intakes don't do anything for these motors. At least no more than a drop in filter does.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:01 PM   #11
67chevy1series

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post
Nice trucks guys! I got my '14 the day after Xmas in 2013. Love it. I've added an Undercover Classic lid and a Bedrug liner. Probably won't do too much more to it though ( maybe remove the block between the axle and springs in the rear ) because I already have my '63 and soon I'll be getting a '50 Chevy 2 door sedan that has been in my mom's family since it was brand new and it needs a lot of work.

Wow that's weird last weekend I did a PDI at the dealership and the truck looks exactly like yours 2015 double cab, silver, 20" wheels, chrome grille and bumpers as well as the 6' ft bed!
Old 04-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #12
creep
Registered Loser

Must have been a real pretty truck!

Old 05-21-2015, 05:40 AM   #13
eager_adventurer

Your truck is gorgeous!
eager_adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote